XAT Exam Pattern 2019
XLRI XAT Exam Pattern
- XAT 2019 is going to be an online or computer-based test of 210 minutes duration. However, until last year it used to be an offline paper. It is a combination of objective and subjective questions, although majority of the questions are objective multiple-choice type. XAT is divided into two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- The duration of the test will be of three hours from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm on Sunday, 06th January 2019
- The duration of Paper 1 is 170 minutes or 3 hours 50 minutes.There are three sections in this paper, Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation.
- This paper is a combination of objective and subjective type questions. The sections of Paper 2 are General Knowledge/Awareness and Essay Writing. There are 25 questions in the GK section. Candidates are given only one topic for essay writing. The duration of this paper is 35 minutes.
- The exam consists of the following sections:
- Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR)
- Decision Making (DM)
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI)
- General Knowledge (GK)
- Each question carries 1 mark and for each wrong answer, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. There is negative marking of 0.05 marks involved for unattempted questions as well, beyond 13.
XAT Syllabus 2019
- There is no specific syllabus for XAT 2019 announced by XLRI. However, based on the past yearsâ€™ XAT analysis, experts suggest a probable XAT 2019 syllabus, which mentions the section wise important topics for the test
- The XAT syllabus comprises of the below topics:
- Quantitative Ability
- English Language & Logical Reasoning
- Decision Making
- General Knowledge & Essay
- XAT 2019 would be conducted across India in the following cities
- Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Goa, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Surat, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam