XLRI XAT Exam Pattern
- XAT 2020 is going to be an online or computer-based test of 210 minutes duration. However, until last year it used to be an offline paper. It is a combination of objective and subjective questions, although majority of the questions are objective multiple-choice type. XAT is divided into two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2.
See: XAT Exam Pattern
- The duration of the test will be of three hours from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm on Sunday, 05th January 2020
- The duration of Paper 1 is 170 minutes or 3 hours 50 minutes. There are three sections in this paper, Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation.
- This paper is a combination of objective and subjective type questions. The sections of Paper 2 are General Knowledge/Awareness and Essay Writing. There are 25 questions in the GK section. Candidates are given only one topic for essay writing. The duration of this paper is 35 minutes.
- The exam consists of the following sections:
- Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR)
- Decision Making (DM)
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI)
- General Knowledge (GK)
- Each question carries 1 mark and for each wrong answer, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. There is negative marking of 0.05 marks involved for unattempted questions as well, beyond 13.