XAT 2020 - Dates, Eligibility, Application, Exam Pattern
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2020 by XLRI (Xavier Labour Relations Institute) for MBA Admission 2020
XAT 2020 - XAT 2020 Exam Date has been released officially (05th January 2020). XAT 2020 is also referred as Xavier Aptitude Test. It is the University Level Entrance Exam, which is organized by the XLRI (Xavier Labour Relations Institute) on the behalf of XAMI. XAT Exam is conducted for the admission in more than 150 B-Schools of the country.
Also See : XAT 2020 Admit Card released, download now
- The application process for XAT 2020 is commencing on third 23rd August and will continue till 30th November 2019. MBA aspirants passing Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university or institute in any discipline will be eligible to apply for XAT 2020
Also See: MBA Entrance Exams
About XAT 2020
- XAT 2020 will be conducted on 05th January 2020 (Sunday). XLRI conducts XAT on behalf of the XAMI. For more than 60 years, XLRI is conducting XAT at all India Level to select the most appropriate students for management education. The XAT score is being used by more than 150 institutes for the admission
What is XAT?
- XAT is Xavier Aptitude Test conducted by XLRI (Xavier Labour Relation Institute) Jamshedpur. It is a common entrance exam conducted by Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) for admission in its management institutes across India.
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Loyola College, Chennai-600034
- Mount Carmel Institute of Management, Vasanthnagar, Bangalore-560052
- St. Francis Institute of Mgt. and Research (SFIMR), Mumbai-400103
- St. Joseph's College of Business Administration, Bangalore-560025
- St. Aloysius Institute of Mgt. and Information Technology, Mangalore-575022
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar-751013
- Xavier Institute of Mgt. & Entrepreneurship, Bangalore-560100
- Xavier Institute of Mgt. & Research, Mumbai-400001
- Xavier Institute of Mgt. Jabalpur-482021
- Xavier Labour & Relations Institute, Jamshedpur-831001
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi-834001
Important Dates for XAT 2020
- Online Registration Start: 23rd August 2019
- Editing of Completed Application: 23rd August to 30th November 2019
- Last Date for Registration: 30th November 2019
- Admit Card Download between 20th December 2019 and 03rd January 2020
- XAT Exam Date: 05th January 2020 (Sunday, 10.00 am to 01.00 pm)
- Answer Key Release: 03rd week of January 2020
- Result Declaration: 31st January 2020
- XAT Score Card Release: 31st January & 31st March 2020
- Candidates before applying for XAT 2020 must check the eligibility criteria. Below mentioned eligibility, criteria are based on last year details. Candidates who will full fill all the Eligibility Criteria that candidate can apply for the XAT examination.
- All Indian candidates must appear for XAT-2020. However, NRI and foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates have an option of appearing for XAT 2020)
- Candidates appearing in Final year of Graduation can apply by entering their aggregate percentage of marks obtained until the time of filling of form
Eligibility for NRI/Foreign Candidates:
- NRI or foreign national candidates have to apply through GMAT scores. Candidates from Dubai or Nepal are exempted from applying through GMAT scores as XAT will be conducted in these two international cities.
- The selection criteria and XAT 2020 participating institutes vary from B-School to B-School. It is generally a two-step process. In the first phase, candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their XAT performance and institute cut-off.
- The shortlisted candidates have to appear for Writing Ability Test (WAT) or Essay Writing or Group Discussion/Group Activity and Personal Interview rounds. The B-schools may also consider criteria like past academic records, work experience etc. or the overall candidate profile
- Work-experience before graduation will not be counted by the selection panel
- Candidates who were in their final year of graduation while applying for XAT must have completed their Bachelor’s Degree at the time of selection procedure in order to be eligible for selection.
- XAT 2020 is going to be an online or computer-based test of 210 minutes duration. However, until last year it used to be an offline paper. It is a combination of objective and subjective questions, although majority of the questions are objective multiple-choice type. XAT is divided into two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2.
See: XAT Exam Pattern
- The duration of the test will be of three hours from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm on Sunday, 05th January 2020
- The duration of Paper 1 is 170 minutes or 3 hours 50 minutes. There are three sections in this paper, Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation.
- This paper is a combination of objective and subjective type questions. The sections of Paper 2 are General Knowledge/Awareness and Essay Writing. There are 25 questions in the GK section. Candidates are given only one topic for essay writing. The duration of this paper is 35 minutes.
- The exam consists of the following sections:
- Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR)
- Decision Making (DM)
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI)
- General Knowledge (GK)
- Each question carries 1 mark and for each wrong answer, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. There is negative marking of 0.05 marks involved for unattempted questions as well, beyond 13.
- There is no specific syllabus for XAT 2020 announced by XLRI. However, based on the past years’ XAT analysis, experts suggest a probable XAT 2020 syllabus, which mentions the section wise important topics for the test
- The XAT syllabus comprises of the below topics:
- Quantitative Ability
- English Language & Logical Reasoning
- Decision Making
- General Knowledge & Essay
- XAT 2020 would be conducted across India in the following cities.
- Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Ambala, Amravati, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhatinda, Bhilai Nagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bokaro Steel City, Chandigarh/Mohali, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi-NCR, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Durgapur/Asansol, Ernakulam, Gandhinagar, Goa, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hooghly, Hubballi(Hubli), Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kannur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kota, Kottayam, Kurnool, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysuru (Mysore), Nagpur, Nashik, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Roorkee, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Siliguri, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram Tiruchirappalli, Tirupathi, Tiruvallur, Udaipur, Udupi Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal
- The result of XAT 2020 will be declared online in the 31st January 2020. XAT officials will release the score cards stating the section wise and overall scores and percentiles. Test takers can download the score cards and take the requisite number of print outs.
- XLRI Jamshedpur will also send the hard copy of XAT 2020 score card to the address of candidates. The scorecard has to be preserved till the admission process gets over.
- A candidate needs to register for XAT exam and also register for the institute courses of his/her choice separately by paying separate application fees. The candidates first need to visit the official portal of XAT i.e.; xatonline.net.in
- Applicants should note that registration for XAT 2020 and appearing for XAT 2020 is the preliminary step towards applying to XLRI and XAT Associate Institutes. Applicants to different institutes, besides XLRI have to apply separately to Institutes of their choice
- Applicants for XAT 2020 can choose to pay online using credit card/debit card/online banking
- Please note that the XAT ID and password gives you an individual login on www.xatonline.in and on frequent intervals, you need to check for mails from XAT & other associated institutes.
- Please ensure that you give your correct mobile No. to receive SMS alerts.
- If you do not receive the registration confirmation mail, with your XAT ID & Password, within 24 hours of signing up, please check your spam/junk folder. If you are unable to locate the email, please write to email@example.com citing your primary email id. or call us up on 1800 419 2929 between 08.00 a.m. and 08.00 p.m. (IST) if you are unable to reach the customer care executive, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We shall get back to you in 48 hours. (Excluding Holidays)
Mode of Payment
- The candidates may pay through:
- Candidates can pay through the given payment gateways with credit card/ debit card and net banking options.
- For this, candidates shall take the print of Challan form and visit the nearest IDBI branch. Demand Draft - The DD has to be made in the favour of “XLRI JAMSHEDPUR” payable at Jamshedpur
- In both the mode of payment, the candidates are required to courier/speed post/register post the printout of XAT Confirmation Page as well as the printout/Photocopy of payment confirmation Page to XAT Office
- XAT Registration Fee (without late Fee) - Rs.1700/- Candidates interested in XLRI programs needs to pay an additional fee of Rs.300/- each.
- XAT Registration Fee (with late Fee) - Rs.2000/- Candidates interested in XLRI programmes needs to pay an additional fee of Rs.500/- each
- To know more about XAT,click here
- The admit card of XAT 2020 will be available online for the candidates who successfully fill the application form along with the application fee online. The admit card is expected to be available from the 20th December 2019 onwards
- Candidates would be able to download the admit card using their XAT ID and password. Without the XAT 2020 admit card, candidates will not be allowed to take the entrance test. XAT admit card 2020 will display the candidate’s name, date of birth and contact details along with the test centre name and address
- Exam day instructions will also be given on the admit card of XAT 2020
Downloading of XAT e-Bulletin
- Candidates may download XAT e Bulletin 2020 from www.xatonline.in / www.xlri.ac.in
Downloading of XLRI e-prospectus
- Candidates may download XLRI e Prospectus 2020 from www.xatonline.in / www.xlri.ac.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here