JEMAT 2018 Notification out! Check Dates, Eligibility, & More
JEMAT October 2018 Dates, Registration, Exam Pattern Syllabus
West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to MBA/ MHA/ AICTE approved PG Diploma Programs through Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test - JEMAT 2018 for the academic year 2018-19
Admission will be through an entrance test (JEMAT-2018) in relevant subjects for all candidates. The JEMAT 2018 Phase I exam took place on 19th May 2018, and JEMAT II took place on 12th August 2018.
Also See : MBA Entrance Exams 2018
WBUT JEMAT 2018 Notification, Eligibility, dates
Below is the detailed official notification for WBUT JEMAT 2018.
About JEMAT 2018
- JEMAT 2018 is the Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test in West Bengal, WBUT now known as MAKAUTWB is conducting JEMAT 2018. MBA/MHA/AICTE approved PG Diploma Programs help to develop a pool of human resource to cater for trained personnel in the field of business management in general and satisfy both the national and international demand
- The Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT) is a state level eligibility of the Govt. of W.B. conducted by the MAKAUTWB
- Test held every year for admission to the MBA/MHA/AICTE approved PG Diploma Programs offered by the Management Institutions of the State (both Govt. & Private)
- MBA Course helps to develop a pool of human resource to cater for trained personnel in the field of international business management in general and national demand, in particular.
Important Dates for OCT JEMAT 2018
- Commencement of Submission of Online Application: 09th October 2018
- Online Application Process starts from: 24th October 2018
- Date of Availability of Admit Card Online: Tentative 26th October 2018
- Date of Written Exam: 28th October 2018
- Declaration of Results of Written Exam: 30th October 2018
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview: 31st October 2018
JEMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- An Indian citizen with a relevant AICTE approved Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy/Architecture or appearing in the final year exam of such programs or equivalent. Equivalence means the candidate should be an Associate Member of a Professional of Engineers that are recognized by the Govt. of India for the purpose of admission to higher studies in Engineering
- M.Sc. or final year M.Sc. Candidates in appropriate branches are also eligible. However, degrees acquired through any distance education program are not eligible
- Candidates in final year will be granted provisional admission and will have to submit their final mark -sheet before a prescribed deadline (August 31, 2018) or as may be fixed by the JEMAT Board
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD will be as per the state government rules.
- Decision of the JEMAT-2018 Committee will be final in case of any dispute regarding the whole admission process
Application Procedure for JEMAT 2018 Exam
- Candidates shall apply in the prescribed online form which will be uploaded on the University website https://jemat.eadmissions.net/
- The application, duly filled-up on the website and submitted online, is to be downloaded and printed and kept for future reference. Hard copies of the completed forms are to be signed by the applicant and submitted along with the relevant testimonials. A payment of Rs.600/- (Rs.300/- for the SC/ST category) is to be made online using the payment gateway.
- Forms found incomplete in any respect will be rejected.
- No application will be accepted unless it is registered online before the closing date notified on the website. Candidates enlisted in the merit list will have to pay a Counseling fee of Rs.500/- at the time of Counseling
- All hard copies of the application form along with the documents listed below must reach the following address either by speed-post or having been dropped in the drop-box placed at the University (MAKAUT, WB) till the date notified in the website
Address where the hard copies are to be sent:
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal BF-142, Sector-1, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700064
- The JEMAT Board as constituted by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal, is the sole authority to conduct the exam and declare the results
- As decided by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal, admission to Post Graduate courses in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy in such institutions will be as per merit list prepared through JEMAT followed by counselling
JEMAT 2018 Fee
- Rs.600/- for OBC / General Category
- Rs.300/- for SC / ST Category
- Mode of Payment: Pay Fee by Online Payment Gateway
- JEMAT 2018 question paper will consist of questions from three main sections- English, Mathematics and Logical Reasoning.
- The candidates are expected to solve 100 objective type questions in 2 hours. Each question carries 1 mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Each question will have four options to choose the right answer from. The candidates are required to select only one option as the answer. Marking more than one option as their answer may lead to deduction of marks.
- Here's the breakup of the question paper:
Section Subject Marks
- Duration of the Test: 2 hours
- No. of Questions: 100
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks
- Question paper pattern to be asked:
- I. General English - 40 & 40 Marks
- II. Mathematics - 40 & 40 Marks
- III. Logical Reasoning - 20 & 20 Marks
- All candidates must appear in the entrance test. The proportional representation of marks for preparation of merit list will be as follows:
- The number of seats is subject to change as per the extension of approval of the existing courses, increase in the number of intake in the existing courses and approval of new courses granted by AICTE for session 2018-19.
JEMAT 2018 Process
- JEMAT 2018 is a three step process including - filling the application for, obtaining admit card and writing JEMAT 2018. Results will be announced followed by GD/PI and Counseling schedules
STEP 1: Application Process
- JEMAT applications will be available on the official JEMAT website from the day of beginning of registration process. Aspiring candidates can log on to the website and fill the application form, directly.
STEP 1: Admit Card
- Admit card will be made available for download from the scheduled date. Registered candidates can download their admit cards by using their application number and password.
STEP 3: JEMAT 2018
- The exam will be conducted in pen and paper mode. The question paper will consist of 100 MCQs to be answered in 2 hours. The questions will be asked from English, Mathematics and Logical Reasoning.
Step 4: JEMAT 2018 Results
- JEMAT 2018 results will be announced on the official website of JEMAT. The test takers can download their scorecards by using their login credentials. Selected candidates will be called for GD/PI, followed by counseling.
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (Formerly Known as West Bengal University of Technology), BF-142, Sector-I, Salt lake, Kolkata-700064, Website www.wbut.ac.in