Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test (HPU MAT) 2019, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Application
Himachal Pradesh University announces MBA Entrance Exam (HPU MAT 2019) for Admission
HPU MAT 2019 Notification - Applications are invited for Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test (HPU-MAT) 2019 for MBA admission in Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) and in HPU Regional Center, Dharamshala for the academic session 2019-22
Those who wish to appear for the entrance test, firstly must check the eligibility criteria and then only proceed further.
Also See : MBA Entrance Exam
Himachal Pradesh University
- Himachal Pradesh University is a State Gov. owned university at Summer Hill, Shimla in the state of Himachal Pradesh. HP University Business School, Shimla was established in 1971 in HPU Shimla.
- Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test acronym as HPU MAT 2019 is University level exam conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) to admission to the candidates in the MBA Programs of different Universities of the HP and institutes affiliated to these Universities.
HPU MBA Program
- The MBA program is spread over Four Semesters. The curricula of program have been designed with the objective of inculcating Technical, Human, Analytical and Conceptual Skills among the students.
- The knowledge of different functional areas of Management are further enriched by offering specializations in three fields, namely Finance, Marketing & Human Resource.
HPU MAT 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Applying Online for HPU-MAT: 10th May 2019
- Date of Entrance Exam: 25th May 2019 (Saturday)
- Date for Declaration of Result: 01st June 2019
- Date of GD/Interview for Subsidized Seats: 08th, 09th,10th & 11th July 2019
- Declaration of Final Result for Subsidized Seats: 13th July 2019 (Saturday)
- Date of GD/Interview for Non-Subsidized Seats: 15th, 16th,17th, 18th, 19th & 20th July 2019
- Declaration of Final Result for Non-Subsidized Seats: 22nd July 2019 (Monday)
Eligibility Criteria for HPU MBA Admission 2019
- Minimum eligibility for the course is any first bachelor degree of a university, established by law in India, at least with 50% marks (with 45% marks in the case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates).
- The candidates who are appearing for their final examination of Bachelor Degree Examination in March/April 2019 shall be allowed to appear in HP University Management Aptitude Test (HPU-MAT), but the final selection is subject to their satisfying the eligibility condition.
- Except for Non-subsidized, Serving or retired defence personnel, the maximum age limit is 26 years for boys and 28 years for girls (29 years in case of SC/ST candidates both for boys and girls) as on 01st of July of the year concerned.
- Provided that the Vice-Chancellor shall have the power to permit age relaxation for reason to be recorded in writing up to a maximum of six months. Provided further that age bar shall not apply in case of Non-subsidized students, defence personnel, State/ Government of India nominees.
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- Admission to MBA Program is based on HPU-MAT, Application Rating, and Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
- Students appearing in final year of qualifying exam can also apply.
HPU MAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- The admission is based on the merit in competitive exam, which comprises of Application Rating, Management Aptitude Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- HPU-MAT will be of objective type consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Candidates for Non-subsidized seats have to compete among themselves, so is the case with the candidates in subsidized seats; separate merit list will be prepared for subsidized category and non-subsidized category
- The weightage assigned in computing merit is as follows:
- Application Rating (10% of the percentage of marks obtained in each of the following exams i.e. matriculation, 10+2 and graduation) - 30 Marks
- Management Aptitude Test (HPU-MAT) - 50 Marks
- Group Discussion - 10 Marks
- Personal Interview - 10 Marks
- The HPU-MAT will be conducted at Shimla, Solan, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Mandi, Una, Palampur and Chandigarh.
- The Business School reserves the right to alter the date/centre of entrance examination
Composition of Test
- The HPU-MAT will have four sections:
- English Comprehension & Language,
- Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation,
- General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning,
- General Knowledge & Business Awareness
- Each section will have about fifty (50) questions; the performance in HPU MAT is the basis for screening the candidates for group discussion and personal interview
Number of Seats
- HPUBS admits 120 students for MBA course and out of which 60 seats are under subsidized category and 60 seats are under non-subsidized category.
Reservation of Seats
- The MBA Program except for seats reserved for non subsidized candidates shall be subject to the following conditions:
- 15% & 7½ % seats shall be reserved for SC/ST candidates;
- The remaining 77½ % seats shall be filled up as under:
- 25% of the seats for admission shall be open for all the candidates;
- 75% of the seats shall be filled out of the candidates, the HP University or HP Krishi Vishwavidayalaya Palampur; 5% of the seats shall be reserved for outstanding Sportsmen/Women
- 5% of the seats shall be reserved for outstanding Cultural Activists
- 3% of the seats shall be reserved for PwD
- Provided that the minimum eligibility for admission to a course in case of SC/ST will be 5% lower than the eligibility conditions for other students
- Fee for Subsidized Seats: Approximately Rs.10,000 /- p.a. (subject to change from time to time)
- Computer Fee: Rs.1500/- in the first Semester to be paid at the time of admission and Rs.1500/- at the time of seeking admission (continuation) in third Semester.
- Non-Subsidized Seats & Fee: Total no of seats under Non-subsidised shall be 60, which shall be open to candidates of all category.
HPU MAT 2019 Application Process
- Application Form along with Handbook of Information can be obtained from the Business School on cash payment/demand draft** of application fee.
- General Category (subsidized and non-subsidized) Rs.1000/- (cash counter)
- SC/ST Category (subsidized and non-subsidized) Rs.500/- (cash counter)
- Application may download the forms from HPUBS website www.hpubsshimla.org and sent it by post along with a draft of Rs.1000/- for General Category and Rs.500/- for SC/ST category and send to Director, HP University Business School, Summer-Hill, Shimla-171005.
- Demand draft should be drawn in favour of Director, Himachal Pradesh University, Business School, Shimla.
For more information visit the website www.hpubsshimla.org
Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) MAT HP University Gyan Path, Summer Hill, Shimla-05, Tel.: 0177-2831653, Website www.hpubsshimla.org