SSC CPO 2020 – Apply online for 1564 Vacancies for Sub Inspector in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces, Dates, Fee, Salary
SSC CPO SI 2020 – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has published the recruitment notification for the post of Sub-Inspectors (SI) in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).
Candidates who are interested to apply for SSC SI Recruitment 2020 can submit online application on SSC official website ssc.nic.in from 17th June to 16th July 2020
SSC CPO Notification 2020
- The Commission has released the Official Notification PDF for SSC CPO 2020 on 17th June 2020 to recruit 1564 Vacancies of Sub-Inspector (SI) in Central Armed Police Forces and Delhi Police.
- It is an excellent opportunity for the graduates who are looking for a government job in the defence sector, especially in Delhi Police. The Official Notification PDF is mentioned below.
Submission of Online Applications 17th June to 16th July 2020
Last Date & Time for Receipt of Applications 16th July 2020 (23:30)
Last date and time for making online fee payment: 18th July 2020 (23:30)
Last date and time for generation of offline Challan: 20th July 2020 (23:30)
Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank) 22nd July 2020
Dates of Computer Based Examination (Paper-I) 29th Sept to 05th October 2020
Date of Computer Based Examination (Paper-II) 01st March 2021
Staff Selection Commission of India has introduced 1564 vacancies for SSC CPO 2020-21 Exam
Sub-Inspector (SI) in Central Armed Police Forces 1395
Sub-Inspector SI in Delhi Police (Male) 91
Sub-Inspector SI in Delhi Police (Female) 78
Total Vacancy 1564
Vacancies for Sub Inspector in Delhi Police & Central Armed Police Forces Exam 2020 are as follows:
S.I Delhi Police (Male)
S.I Delhi Police (Female)
Sub Inspector in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)
A candidate must be either:
1. a citizen of India, or
2. a subject of Nepal, or
3. a subject of Bhutan, or
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories 4.2 and 4.3 above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary will be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
Age Limit (As on 01.01.2021)
Age limit of the candidates should be from 20 to 25 years as on 01st January 2021 i.e. Candidates born not before 02-01-1996 and not later than 01-01-2001).
a) Minimum Age Limit 20 years
b) Maximum Age Limit 25 years
Category Age Relaxation
SC/ST 5 years
OBC 3 years
Ex-servicemen (ESM) 3 years after deduction of the military service
Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married. Up to 35 years of age
Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married. (SC/ ST) Up to 40 years of age
Departmental candidates (Unreserved) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date Up to 30 years of age
Departmental candidates (OBC) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date. Up to 33 years of age
Departmental candidates (SC/ ST) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date. Up to 35 years of age
a) A candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognised University.
b) For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police (only) – Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) as on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Standard Tests. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to undergo Physical Endurance and Standard Tests.
How to Apply?
1. Applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in
2. For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-I & Annexure-II of this Notice. Sample Proforma of One-time Registration & Online Application Forms are attached as Annexure-IA & Annexure-IIA.
3. One-time Registration process (as per details at Annexure-I) requires you to upload a recent (i.e. not more than three month old) scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height)
5. Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
6. Requests received in this regard in any form like Post, Fax, Email, by hand, etc shall not be entertained.
Fee Payable Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only).
Payment Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, mastercard, Maestro RuPay Credit, or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan
The Selection will be on the basis of Paper-I (Computer Based Test), Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper-II (English language & Comprehension) and Detailed Medical Examination (DME).
- SSC SI Exam consists of 200 questions from General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension. Each section will have 50 questions of 50 Marks.
- The total time duration of the test is 2 hours i.e. 120 minutes
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type
- Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts-I, II and III of Paper-I. Questions asked in both the paper-1 and paper-2 of SSC CPO 2020 will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type
PET, PST and Medical Test
The final merit list will be tabulated on the basis of a candidate’s performance in all the three phases of SSC CPO Exam.
SSC CPO 2020 Paper-1 will have 4 major sections:
a) General Reasoning
b) General Knowledge
c) Quantitative Aptitude
d) English Comprehension
All the candidates who qualify in Paper-II will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade-I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
Corresponding to height (for all posts).
Physical Endurance Test (PET) (For all posts)
For Male Candidates
1. 100 metre race in 16 seconds
2.1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
3.Long Jump: 3.65 metre in 3 chances
4.High Jump : 1.2 metre in 3 chances
5.Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metre in 3 chance
For female candidates
1.100 metre race in 18 seconds
2.800 metre race in 4 minutes
3.Long Jump: 2.7 metre in 3 chances
4.High Jump: 0.9 metre in 3 chances.
There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for female candidates
Here is the salary and pay scale for SSC CPO Sub Inspector in Delhi Police, SI in CAPF and Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) in CISF.
Post Name Level Group Pay Scale / Salary
Sub Inspector in Delhi Police (Male/ Female) 6 ‘C’ Non-Gazetted Rs. 35400-112400/-
Assistant Sub-Inspector(ASI) in CISF 6 ‘C’ Non-Gazetted Rs. 29200-92300/-
Sub Inspector in CAPF 6 ‘B’ Non-Gazetted Rs. 35400-112400/-
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website