Ques: What is the Procedure to apply for CA-CPT Exam?
The CA–CPT (Common Proficiency Test) exam is conducted twice in a year. The CA–CPT exam is held in first Sunday in June and December in every year. The date schedule is fixed for the CA-CPT exam. The candidate who is unable to clear the CA–CPT exam in first attempt need not to worry about it, he/she is able to make new chances after six month later.
The Eligibility for CA-CPT Exam is as follow:
The candidate who has passed 10+2 can appear in CA-CPT exam. The candidate who is waiting for their results for 10+2 may also appear in CA-CPT exam.
The Exam Details are –
- Objective type Question
- Exam is of 4 hours duration divided into 2 Section of 2 hours
- Each Section has 100 marks and Negative mark for wrong Answer
- To qualify in CPT, a Student has to obtain 50% mark in the Exam
The Procedure is summarized as below:-
- Pass CPT examination
- Register/Enroll for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC)
- Complete 9 months of Study Course.
- Complete 100 hours of Information Technology Training (ITT).
- Complete Orientation Course (35 hours spread over one week).
- Pass Group I or both Groups of Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE).
- Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years.
- Pass Group II of IPCC if not already passed.
- Appear in Final Examination during last 6 months of 3 years of articled training.
- Pass both the Groups of Final examination.
- Get Final Examination Certificate.
- Complete remaining period of articled training, if applicable
- Complete Course on General Management and Communication Skill
- Enroll as a member of ICAI and designate as “Chartered Accountant”
Common Proficiency Test (CPT) Syllabus
What is CA-CPT ?