Aerospace Engineering is a major branch of engineering that deals with the research, design, development, construction, testing, science and technology of aircraft and spacecraft. It is further divided into two major and overlapping branches:
Aeronautical Engineering: This part deals with aircraft that operate in Earth’s atmosphere, and is also concerned with spacecrafts that operate outside the Earth’s atmosphere.
Astronautical Engineering: This science deals with the design, construction, and study of the science behind the forces and physical properties of aircraft, rockets, flying craft, and spacecraft. The field also covers their aerodynamic characteristics and behaviors, airfoil, control, lift, drag, and other properties.
Colleges offering Aerospace Engineering:
Lets look at some of the Aerospace Engineering Colleges in India:
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kanpur) Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT KGP)
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras)
- PEC University of Technology
- Bengal Engineering and Science University West Bengal
- Manipal Institute of Technology Manipal
- Sathyabama University Chennai
- Acharya Institute of Technology Bangalore
- Amrita School of Engineering Bangalore