OPTCL Recruitment 2018 Notification for Management Trainee (Electrical) Posts – Apply Online
OPTCL Recruitment 2018 for Management Trainees Posts – Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited (OPTCL) has invited applications for the post of MT-Electrical. The eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format on or 27th September 2018
All the important details like educational qualifications, pay scale etc. are mentioned in the official notification. This is a good opportunity to work in the Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited (OPTCL).
About the OPTCL
- OPTCL, a State owned Power utility in Odisha is engaged in the business of Transmission of electricity with a vision to emerge as one of the leading power utilities in the country in Transmission space.
- OPTCL is looking for young, dynamic and committed professionals to be inducted as Trainees in Electrical discipline.
Vacancies Details for OPTCL Recruitment 2018
- Job Role: Management Trainee
- Job location: Odisha
- Total Posts(MT-Electrical) – 100 Posts
- Scheduled Caste: 16,
- Scheduled Tribes: 33,
- SEBC: 05
- Unreserved: 46
- Out of the above 100 vacancies, One vacancy is reserved for Sports Persons, four vacancies are reserved for Persons with Disability (PWD)candidates and Three for Ex-Serviceman.
- Degree in Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized University / Institution or Passing Section-A&B of IE (India) in relevant discipline with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- Note: Degree/Diploma obtained from Open University (except IGNOU)/Distance Learning Mode / Part-Time /Sandwich Course shall not be considered.
Age Limit (As on 01st August 2018)
- Candidate must not be under 21 (twenty-one) years of age and must not be above 32(thirty- two) years as on 01st August 2018 i.e. she/he must not have been born earlier than 1st August, 1986, and not later than 01st August 1997
Relaxation for SC / ST/ SEBC
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 5(five) years in case of SC, ST and SEBC candidates
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 5(five) years in case of Ex-serviceman candidates.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 (five) years in case of Woman candidates.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 10 (ten) years in case of PWD Candidates.
- Provided that a person who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one benefit of upper age relaxation, which shall be considered most beneficial to him/her.
- The date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted.
- THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED ABOVE CAN BE IN NO CASE RELAXED
- Selected candidates have to undergo training for a period of 01 year at Power Training Centre (PTC), Chandaka, Bhubaneswar
- After successful completion of training, the candidates will be designated to Assistant Manager (Electrical) in the pay scale of Rs.56,100-1,77,500/-
- The selection process involves Computer Based Test (CBT) and Personal Interview.
- Eligible candidates will be called for Computer Based Test, comprising 200 number of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), out of which Subject knowledge (60%), Numerical / Logical Reasoning (15%), General knowledge (15%) & English (10%). The CBT will be of Three (3) hours duration.
- In addition, there shall be an online psychometric Test of 30 Minutes for which there shall be no marking in CBT. However, the report of the psychometric Test will be used at the time of Personal Interview.
- There shall be no negative marking.
- The merit list will be drawn purely on the basis of Performance in the CBT and Personal Interview.
- The final appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their Medical Fitness as per the prescribed standard.
- Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Berhampur, Rourkela, Balasore, Sambalpur, Jeypore etc.
- Before filling up On-line Application, candidates are advised to go through the advertisement carefully and understand the contents of the Advertisement, Instructions to fill up On-line Application and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents available on the OPTCL website: www.optcl.co.in
- On successful registration of the online application form, a unique Registration Number will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form. Candidates are required to retain the unique Registration Number and use it for future correspondence.
- Application received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Unreserved / SEBC Category: Rs. 1000/-
- SC/ST/PWD Category: Rs. 500/-
- OPTCL departmental candidates are exempted from payment of this fee.
Mode of Payment
- Off-line mode: Through ICICI Bank Challan.
- On-line Payment mode: Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking.
Important Dates for OPTCL Recruitment 2018
- Opening Date of online submission of Applications 28th August 2018
- Start date of depositing Fee through ICICI Challan 29th August 2018
- Closing Date of online submission of application 27th September 2018
- Last date of remittance of applications process charges / Fee in Bank through Challan (for already registered candidates only): 29th September 2018
- Downloading of Admit Card for (CBT): 2nd / 3rd Week of October (Tentative)
- Online Test: 4th week of October (Tentative)