The Maharashtra Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri is established on March 29, 1968 and subsequently named as Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth (MPKV) after a great social reformer “Mahatma Jyotiba Phule”. It has started functioning from October, 1969 at Rahuri, District Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India..
Under Graduate Courses
- B.Tech.(Agril. Engg.)
Post Graduate Courses
- Diploma in Farm Management
- M.Tech. (Agril. Engg.)
ii) Lower education
It comprises of two year’s diploma course in agriculture. The GTCs are imparting training to the village level workers and KVKs offer skill oriented training to the self employed rural youths and cultivators. There are eight agriculture schools, two GTCs and one KVK in the jurisdiction of the university. Besides, the university has been encouraging NGOs to start short term skill oriented need based training programmes.
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra
- Mali Training Program
- As per provisions in Maharashtra Agricultural University Act No.XLI of 1983 Section (5) admission shall be open to all persons who or whose parents have resided in the sate of Maharashtra for not less than three years during the period of ten years immediately preceding the date on which admission is sought. However, for persons who and whose parents have not resided in the state atleast for three years during the period of ten years immediately preceding the date on which admission is sought, will be limited to 2%.
- For admission to under-graduate courses, 70% seats of the admission capacity will be filled in from amongst the students who have passed the qualifying examination from the school or the institution situated in the university area (u quota) and remaining 30% seats will be kept open for all the students (m quota).
- The applicant residing in state of Maharashtra, but passing qualifying examination of Under graduate courses out of Maharashtra, his candidature will be considered under ‘M’ quota at MCAER level.
- One seat at each college for undergraduate programme shall be filled in by MCAER, Pune from the wards of displaced citizens and wards of officers/staff of military and paramilitary forces all India services posted to combat terrorists activities in Jammu and Kashmir state. In view of govt. resolution No. AGU-2095/2310/CR-181/19a dated 5th September, 1996 and No. AGU-1197/28688/CR/94/97/19-a, dated 27th October 1997 over and above the intake capacity.
- Admission to all the degree programme shall be on merit and provisional.
- The out of state candidates should submit their application form to the Director General, MCAER, Pune.
- University/State Council shall not accept any responsibility for postal delay.
- Receipt of the application together with its enclosures as above, shall be acknowledged in case of those, who submit the application in person.
- The Registrar shall display a complete merit list of applications received on the Notice Board of the University and respective colleges as per the admission programme. The candidates in their own interest shall see the merit list on the Notice Boards. The candidate shall not be intimated about their merit by post.
- Applicants aggrieved by the merit list may prefer an appeal to the Registrar, incase of University area and to the Director (Education) MCAER, Pune in case of all other candidates within five days from the date of display of the aforesaid merit list with a fee of Rs.50/- If the applicant fails to appeal within five working days, his appeal shall not be considered. The appeal of the candidate will be decided by the Grievance Committee on the basis of the documents attached by the applicant with the original application form only. The decision of the Grievance Committee will be notified on the University Notice Board.
- The Registrar of each University shall notify the corrected merit list of candidates under information to MCAER Pune within ten days from the date of display of provisional merit list after attending to the grievances, if any.
- The Director (Education) MCAER, Pune will prepare and display the State level final merit list.
- The applicant shall see the merit list on the Notice Boards of the respective University and the college with regard to U quota of Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses and at MCAER Pune and the Colleges for M quota of Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses on the dates given in the admission programme notified in the Prospectus.
- The candidates should report in person on the dates notified in the Prospectus for seeking admission alongwith the fees and all the original documents enclosed with the application, else the fees will not be accepted and admission claims shall be treated as cancelled.
- Candidate reporting on the specified dates of admissions will be considered as per merit for filling up the vacancies.
- If at any time after admission, it is found that the applicant has supplied false information, the University shall cancel his admission.
- The candidates should see the admission programme which is provided in the prospectus for their guidance and information.
- Any candidate aggrieved by final admission may prefer a review petition within a period of three days from the specified dates of admission to the Vice Chancellor for University level admissions and to the Director General MCAER for State level admissions.
- Admission to various seats under university (u) and state(m) quota for under graduate and post graduate courses shall be final. The candidates so admitted will not be eligible for change of courses/college/university.
- The candidates so admitted for Under Graduate course may apply for his academic transfer within University, or out of university as per the existing provisions of academic regulations.
- The same aforesaid procedure shall be adopted for admission to all the Post Graduate courses of the Agricultural Universities in the State.
- For admission to Post graduate courses, 50% seats of the admission capacity will be filled in from amongst the students who have passed the qualifying examination from the colleges situated in university (u quota) and remaining 50% seats will be kept open for all the students (m quota)
- College of Agriculture, Pune
- College of Agriculture, Kolhapur
- College of Agriculture, Dhule
- College of Agricultural Engineering, Rahuri
- Post-Graduate Institute, Rahuri
Research Stations under MPKV
ZRS, Igatpuri (Ghat Zone)
- CBF, Igatpuri
- ARS, Lonavala
- WRRS, Mahabaleshwar
- ARS, Radhnagari
ZRS, Kolhapur(Sub Montane Zone)
- RSJRS, Kolhapur
- ARS, Gadhingalaj
- WRRS, Mahabalseshwar
- ARS, Vadhgaon Maval
ZRS, Ganeshkind, Pune
- Research Project at AC Pune
- ARS, K. Digraj
- ARS, Niphad
- ARS, Pimpalagaon Baswant
ZRS Solapur (Scarcity Zone)
- ARS, Mohol
- ARS, Jeur
- ARS, Pandharpur
- ARS, Chas
- CRS, Shrirampur
- ARS, Savl vihir
ZRS Auranagabad (Central Plateau)
- ARS, Jalgaon
- Wheat (Niphad)
- Sugarcane (Padegaon)
- Soils (Solapur)
- Oilseeds (Jalgaon)
Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth
Rahuri 413 722,
Tel : 02426-243208, 243216
Fax : 02426 – 243302, 243216
Email : email@example.com
Website : https://www.mpkv.mah.nic.in
VC: Dr Rajaram Deshmukh
Reg: Shri Rajendrakumar Patil