The Full form of RL is Ringer’s Lactate Solution. RL is a type of isotonic, crystalloid fluid further classified as a balanced or buffered solution used for fluid replacement. Ringer’s Lactate Solution is also known as Lactated Ringer’s solution (or RL). The contents of Ringer’s lactate include sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium, and lactate in the form of sodium lactate, mixed into a solution with an osmolarity of 273 mOsm/L and pH of about 6.5. In comparison, normal saline (NS) has an osmolarity of about 286 mOsm/L. Ringer’s lactate is largely used in aggressive volume resuscitation from burn injuries or blood loss; however, Ringer’s lactate is a great fluid for aggressive fluid replacement in many clinical situations, including acute pancreatitis and sepsis. RL is typically used to replace lost blood, fluid or both. Due to the sodium content, it is typically not used as an ongoing fluid replacement but instead is frequently used when large volumes of fluid must be given, known as fluid resuscitation. There are few risks associated with RL’s that are not associated with any intravenous fluid. Specifically, risks include pain at the IV location, allergic reaction to the solution, overuse of fluids, overdose of electrolytes, potassium, or chloride.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 25, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 24, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 23, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 21, 2023
- JEE Main 2023 Exam Date revised, check new date
- CMS Full Form, Full Form of CMS in IT, Medical, Banking
- EMAIL Full Form, What is the Full Form is EMAIL?
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 19, 2023