The Full form of PCOD is “Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome”. PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) is a common hormonal disorder in women, which is hereditary as per the current studies. This is a condition in women due to which a woman has increased amount of male hormones (androgens). The exact cause of PCOD is unknown. In this, mature eggs are not released from the ovaries as the eggs remain trapped in small fluid filled cysts. Mostly, it is diagnosed in women in their 20s and 30s. A pelvic exam, an ultrasound, and a few blood tests can be used for diagnosis of PCOD. PCOD may cause infertility, menstrual irregularities, heavy bleeding during menses, darkening of skin, male baldness, weight gain, and skin problems like acne and increased hair growth. This can increase the risk of pregnancy complications. There can also be greater risks of miscarriage, high blood pressure, and gestational diabetes in pregnant women. Common medical treatments include metformin, birth control pills, hair removal treatments, and surgery. Lifestyle interventions which involve losing weight are the first recommendations by a doctor in treatment of PCOD.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 25, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 24, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 23, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 21, 2023
- JEE Main 2023 Exam Date revised, check new date
- CMS Full Form, Full Form of CMS in IT, Medical, Banking
- EMAIL Full Form, What is the Full Form is EMAIL?
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 19, 2023