Xavier University Bhubaneswar offer 2-yr. Full-Time Master’s Program in Urban and Regional Planning (MURP) 2019-21 Batch
Xavier University Master in Urban and Regional Planning Admission 2019 – Xavier Centre for Urban Management and Governance (XUMG), Xavier University Bhubaneswar invites applications for admission into two-year full time Master’s in Urban & Regional Planning (MURP) for the academic session 2019-21
Master’s in Urban & Regional Planning (MURP) 2019-21
- Offered by Xavier Centre for Urban Management & Governance (XUMG)
- The ever-present need for Planners in the country has multiplied manifold and become urgent in the rapid urbanization in the country and the concomitant economic, social and infrastructural changes in the rural hinterlands.
- The curriculum is designed to develop an understanding of the complexities of urban systems and processes, and functional knowledge and skills for urban, rural and regional planning.
- MURP graduates will have the capacities to plan for cities, rapidly developing peripheries and small towns, and regions, and develop specialized expertise in any of the urban infrastructure, systems and services, including housing, mobility, water, waste management, economic development, livelihood promotion, environmental management and other areas
Also See: Admission Notifications 2018
- Students have the opportunity to specialize by selecting appropriate electives and completing a final dissertation by research or design, in any of the following areas –
- Water and Waste Management
- Urban Mobility
- Housing Development and Financing
- Economic Development & Livelihoods
Xavier University Masters Admission 2019 Dates
- The Last Date to fill up the Application Form: 07th December 2018
- The Program will commence by the mid of June 2019 for the first-year students
Eligibility Criteria for Xavier University Masters Admission 2019
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Architecture/Planning or Master’s degree in Geography/Economics/Sociology with at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized University can apply. Those with a valid Admission Test score of GATE/CEED/NATA/CCU will be given preference.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 60% marks in aggregate can apply. Those with a valid Admission Test score of GATE/CEED/NATA/CCU will be given preference.
- Candidates who have secured the 1st, 2nd or 3rd position (i.e., any of the top three ranks) in their Undergraduate Programs in Planning/Architecture/Civil Engineering or Master’s Programs in Geography/Economics/Sociology can apply without any Admission Test score by entering their rank information in the Xavier University Online Application Form. A certificate from the Head of the Institution stating their rank/ position must be furnished.
- Candidates from any other disciplines with at least 60% marks in aggregate and with a demonstrable experience and interest in Urban and Regional Planning may also apply.
- All shortlisted candidates (in all categories mentioned above) will have to appear for a Writing Ability Test and/or Personal Interview in one of the XUB Admission Centres in the country.
- Final year degree students, who expect to complete their final exams and other requirements for obtaining the degree by 15th June 2019, can also apply
- The short-listed candidates will be called for Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview, which will be held in Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai
- Candidates will have to meet their own travel expenses for appearing in the Interview session
- The final selection will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview (which factors in the past academic record and relevant work experience). The selected candidates will be informed by mail in the month of April 2019.
- The program will commence by the mid of June 2019 for the first-year students. At this time the students will be given a Manual of Policies and Regulations which will be binding on them.
Xavier University Masters Admission 2018 Application Process
- Applicants have to fill up the online application form separately for MURP program at: xub.edu.in
- Step 1: Fill up the “Login Details” (in the Next page) to create and receive by email a unique XID/Username and Password for applying to XUB. If you have already received your XID/Username and Password, then login as per Step 2.
- Step 2: Login with your XID/Username and Password. Fill up the Personal Details, Academic Details, Professional Details, choose the program/s you want to apply for and the respective test option/s, upload your photo & signature and Submit. (You may keep ready the scanned/digital images of your photo/signature in JPEG format, in advance. The dimensions of photo may be of about 200×250 pixels, and the signature may be of about 250×125 pixels, both images within 50 kb each in size).
- Step 3: Pay the application fee through the Payment Gateway. (Application fee is Rs.1500/-)
If you have filled the application form and paid the application fee successfully, you will receive the confirmation by email regarding the acceptance of your online application form.