Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) announces admissions to various courses for January 2020 session
IGNOU Admission 2020 (January) – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), one of the Mega-University in the World, announces Admissions to its Distance Education Academic Programs for the Academic Cycle commencing from January 2020 Session.
IGNOU ADMISSION LAST DATE
Candidates who want to take up Post Graduate, Undergraduate, Diploma and Certificate Courses can apply before 4th week of December 2019. Willing students can apply for the admission process online by visiting the official site of IGNOU at ignou.ac.in.
Admission to IGNOU Courses are done either through entrance tests or on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying degree. IGNOU conducts OPENMAT for MBA (which is held twice a year), OPENNET for Nursing Courses and B.Ed entrance test for admission to B.Ed courses. Admission to most of the other courses is done on the basics of qualifying exam. IGNOU also gives an option for re-registration, provided you apply for courses in stipulated time
IGNOU Semester Term end exams are conducted twice a year (in June and December).
IGNOU January 2020 Admission
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has initiated the online registration procedures for admission to 150 Programs for the January 2020 Session. The institute has invited application for the Master’s Courses, Bachelors Courses, Diploma Courses and various Certificates Programs.
- The candidates who are interested to apply for the courses must submit the online application form on the official website of the University.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a distance learning national university located in New Delhi India. IGNOU was established in 1985 by Govt. of India to offer open and distance education particularly to disadvantaged sections of society.
- IGNOU offers UG and PG courses in humanities, sciences, education, engineering, law, management, agriculture, tourism, hospitality, journalism and media studies..
- IGNOU Re-registration Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), as a part of its ongoing efforts for offering learner-friendly services, has introduced an Online Re-Registration System (ORRS). See Through this facility, existing learners shall be able to submit their application forms online and receive instant confirmation for successful submission of their application form through email as well as through SMS.
IGNOU Admission 2020 January Important Dates
- IGNOU Admission Last Date – for Fresh Admission for all Master, Bachelor, Diploma and Certificate Program: 4th week of December 2019
See: IGNOU Admission Updates
Courses Offered at IGNOU for January 2020 Admission
MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES:
- ONLINE: Master of Computer Applications (MCA); Master of Science(Food Nutrition); MA (Rural Development); Master of Science (Counselling and Family Therapy); Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM); MA (English); MA (Hindi); Master of Social Work (MSW); Master of Social Work (Counseling); MA (Philosophy); MA (Economics); MA (History); MA (Political Science); MA (Public Administration); MA (Sociology); MA (Gandhi & Peace Studies); MA (Psychology); Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS); MA (Anthropology); MA (Development Studies); MA( Adult Education); MA (Gender & Development Studies); MA(Women and Gender Studies); MA (Distance Education); Master of Commerce (M.Com); MA (Translation Studies);
- OFFLINE: MA (Education)*; M.Com (F&T)*; M.Com (BP & CG)*; and M.Com (MA & FS)* in collaboration with the Institute of Chartered Accountants Of India, Institute of Company Secretaries of India and Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAMMES:
- ONLINE: Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA); Bachelor of Social Work (BSW); Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLIS); Bachelor of Arts (BA); Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com); Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) ;
- OFFLINE: B.Com (A&F)*; B.Com(CA&A)* and B.Com(F&CA)* in collaboration with the Institute of Chartered Accountants Of India, Institute of Company Secretaries of India and Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
PG DIPLOMA & DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES:
- ONLINE: PG Diploma in Library Automation and Networking; Disaster Management; Gandhi & Peace Studies; Rural Development; Counselling and Family Therapy; Translation; International Business Operations; Environment and Sustainable Development; Analytical Chemistry; Applied Statistics; Journalism & Mass Communication; Audio Program Production; Higher Education; Educational Technology; School Leadership and Management; Educational Management & Administration; Pre-Primary Education; Adult Education; Pharmaceutical Sales Management; Information Security; Intellectual Property Rights; Criminal Justice; Urban Planning & Development; Folklore & Culture Studies; Food Safety and Quality Management; Plantation Management; Book Publishing; Women’s & Gender Studies; Mental Health; Sustainability Science; Social Work (Counselling); Development Studies; Environmental and Occupational Health.
- OFFLINE: IGNOU also invites application for admission to PG Specialization Diploma (Direct entry) in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)*, Financial Management (PGDFM)*, Operations Management (PGDOM)*, Marketing Management (PGDMM)* and Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)*.
Note: The prospectus for these programs can be downloaded from IGNOU website link http://ignou.ac.in/userfiles/Management-2018.pdf. The filled-in application is to be submitted along with requisite fee at the Regional Centre concerned.
- ONLINE: Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education; Nutrition & Health Education; Panchayat Level Administration & Development; Tourism Studies; Aquaculture; Creative Writing in English; Urdu; HIV and Family Education; BPO Finance & Accounting; Women Empowerment & Development; Paralegal Practice; Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables; Dairy Technology; Meat Technology; Production of Value Added Products from Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds; Fish Products Technology; Watershed Management; Retailing; Event Management.
- ONLINE: Advanced Certificate in Power Distribution Management; Information Security.
- ONLINE: PG Certificate in Adult Education; Cyber Law; Patent Practice; Bangla-Hindi Translation; Malayalam-Hindi Translation; Agriculture Policy; Gandhi & Peace Studies; Information & Assistive Technologies for the Instructors of Visually Impaired; Geoinformatics; Acupuncture; Climate Change
- ONLINE: Certificate in Visual Arts-Painting; Applied Arts; Performing Arts- Theatre Arts; Hindustani Music; Karnataka Music; Bharatanatyam; Arabic Language; French Language; Russian Language; Disaster Management; Environmental Studies; NGO Management; Business Skills; Teaching English; Functional English(basic level); Urdu Language; HIV & Family Education; Social Work & Criminal Justice System; Health Care Waste Management; Newborn & Infant Nursing; Maternal & Child Health Nursing; Home Based Health Care; Community Radio; Tourism Studies; Food & Nutrition; Nutrition & Child Care; Rural Development; Sericulture; Organic Farming; Water Harvesting & Management; Poultry Farming; Beekeeping; Human Rights; Consumer Protection; Co-operation, Cooperative Law & Business Laws; Anti Human Trafficking; International Humanitarian Law; Information Technology; Guidance; Communication & IT Skills; Laboratory Techniques; Teaching of Primary School Mathematics; Value Education; Energy Technology Management; Competency in Power Distribution; Library & Information Sciences; Life and Thought of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar; First Aid; Tribal Studies; Japanese Language; Korean Language & Culture; Spanish Language & Culture; German Language; Fashion Design; General Duty Assistance; Geriatric Care Assistance; Phlebotomy Assistance; Home Health Assistance;
- OFFLINE: Community Health*.
APPRECIATION/AWARENESS LEVEL PROGRAMMES:
- ONLINE: Appreciation Course on Environment; Appreciation Course on Population and Sustainable Development; Awareness Program on Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables; Awareness Program on Dairy Farming; Awareness Program on Goods and Services Tax.
- OFFLINE: Applications are also invited for admission to MBA (Banking & Finance)* Program, developed collaboratively by School of Management Studies, IGNOU and the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF), Mumbai.
Note: In order to seek admission to this Program, a candidate should: (a) be a graduate of not less than 3 year duration from a recognized University/Institution, (b) have passed the CAIIB examinations of the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance, Mumbai and awarded the requisite qualifications/credentials thereof by the Institute, and (c) have been working in the Banking or Financial Services Sector for a period of at least two years.
Student Handbook & Prospectus of MBA (Banking & Finance) can be downloaded from IGNOU website link http://ignou.ac.in/userfiles/MBA(B&F).pdf and submitted along with a DD of Rs. 1000/-, in addition to the Program fee at the `Regional centre. For detailed advertisement, please visit IGNOU website
*Admission to these programs is in offline mode. Applicants willing to apply for these programs may download the relevant Prospectus from the website and submit the filled-in application along with relevant documents and fee at the Regional Centre
See: List of Entrance Exams conducted by IGNOU
IGNOU Admission 2020 January Application Process
- The Applicants can submit the forms through online mode only at www.ignou.ac.in or https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission/
Steps for filling Online Application Form
- Download the Information Brochure January 2020 and read it carefully.
- Please ensure your eligibility for the program before filling the online application form
- Click on the button “REGISTER YOURSELF” that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- After filling the mandatory information, click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via email and SMS.
- If you have already registered i.e. you are an existing user, click the “LOGIN” button from the homepage of Online Entrance Test and then login with your Username and password by clicking the “LOGIN” button given on the login screen.
- Fill personal details, program details, qualification details and correspondence details.
- Upload Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB) and Signature (less than 50 KB)
- Pay your Application Fee through debit/credit card (Master/Visa/Rupay) and Net banking:
- Once you have uploaded your photograph and signature, click the next button. You will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference
For details, visit IGNOU Website www.ignou.ac.in or contact nearest IGNOU Regional Centre/City Centre
IGNOU, New Delhi
Indira Gandhi National Open University (A Central University under MHRD, established by an act of Indian Parliament), Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068, Website www.ignou.ac.in