IGNOU announces OPENNET-XI for Admission to Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Program for January 2023 Session, Apply now
IGNOU PB B.Sc. Nursing Admission 2023 – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has invited applications for admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Program for January 2023 session through Nursing Entrance Test OPENNET-XI.
IGNOU PB B.Sc. Nursing Admission 2023
- Online Application Starts : 21st November 2022
- Last date of receipt of applications is : extended up to 25th December 2022
- Last date of submission of online Entrance Test Form :To be announced
- Tentative date of Entrance Test (OPENNET XI) : To be announced
- Tentative date of declaration of result :To be announced
- Tentative date of Region-wise counseling : To be announced
- In-service Nurses i.e. Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM) having 10+2 with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of two years of experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession. (For male nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme, should have a certificate in any of the Nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery). OR
- In-service Nurses (RNRM) having 10th class (Matriculation) or its equivalent with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of five years of experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession. (For males nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme, should have a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery).
- Candidates with 10+2 and GNM must not apply if experience after RNRM is less than two years. Candidates with 10th class and GNM must not apply if having less than 5 years experience after RNRM.
- There is no maximum age limit.
- Application forms will be submitted through online portal visit ignou website www.ignou.ac.in
- Check Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing entrance examination and follow the online instruction.
- Read carefully the Rules of the University and other details of the programme thoroughly in the Student Handbook and Prospectus of Post Basic BSc Nursing programme, January 2023 Admissions.
- Examination fee of Rs. 200/- per course is required to be paid through Debit/Credit Card through online mode
- Region wise merit list for admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing January, 2023 session will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the OPENNET – XI (Entrance Test) and will be displayed in the IGNOU website/regional centre website after the declaration of results.
- In case two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the OPENNET – XI (Entrance Test), the inter-se ranking of such candidates shall be determined on the basis of the following criteria for tie break.
- Length of relevant experience : Experience will be counted from the date of registration as RNRM upto the last date of receipt of application form as mentioned in the advertisement. In case of Female candidates who have registered as RN & RM separately, the experience will be counted from the date of RM registration. However, in male candidates, it will be calculated from the date of RN registration upto the last date of receipt of the application form subject to the completion of the INC recognized course in lieu of midwifery before applying for the entrance test.
- Overall percentage of marks secured in GNM examination : If the tie does not get resolved, aggregate marks of GNM in all the three years will be considered for calculating the percentage/merit.
- Date of Birth: If the tie between the candidates still does not get resolved, date of birth will be considered. Candidates born earlier will have higher rank than those born later.
- Draw of Lot: If there is a tie even after applying all the above criteria, then the rank will be decided through a draw of lot.
- Mode of Exam: Offline mode
- Duration: Two and a half hours
- Type of Question: Multiple-choice questions
- No. of Question: 120 MCQs (comprising section A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H)
- Negative Marking: No negative marking
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission Notifications 2023
- B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exams 2023 and Admission Notifications
- Latest Entrance Exam Notifications and Dates 2022