Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) 2020 Eligibility
Eligibility Criteria for GPAT 2020
- The candidates shall have to satisfy all the eligible conditions so as to apply for the examination. The GPAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria are illustrated here. The aspirant must satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria at the time of applying for GPAT 2020
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry students) or equivalent from a recognized university. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree B. Pharmacy (10+2+4) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2020-21 can also apply for GPAT-2020 computer-based test (CBT).
- B.Tech. (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology)/ equivalent candidates are not eligible to apply.
- There is no age restriction for appearing in GPAT 2020.
- For admission to a participating institute, please see the reservations applicable in that particular institute. In the case of institutes run by Central Govt.,10% of the seats are reserved for Category General-Economically Weaker Section(GEN-EWS), 15% of the seats are reserved for the category SC, 7.5% for the category ST & 27% for the category Other Backward Classes belonging to the “ Non Creamy layer” (OBC-NCL)
- Each category will have 5% horizontal reservations for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016).
- Other Backward Classes - Non Creamy Layer (OBC–NCL) are as per the Central list of Other Backward Classes available on NCBC, Govt. of India website
- Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column. State list OBC Candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General
- The categories of disabilities are:
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness, and
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (i) to (iv)
- Other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
Also see: GPAT 2020 Application Procedure