Class 10 Civics MCQ Tests as per latest pattern – Take Chapter Wise Tests ABSOLUTELY FREE –Click here
CBSE Class 10 Political Science Democratic Politics Book Chapter 6 “Political Parties” Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with Answers
Here is a compilation of Free MCQs of Class 10 Political Science Democratic Politics Book Chapter 6 – Political Parties. Students can practice free MCQs as have been added by CBSE in the new exam pattern. At the end of Multiple Choice Questions, the answer key has also been provided for your reference
Q1. What is a political party?
- A. Self made groups who automatically hold power
- B. A group of people who come together to contest elections and hold power in the government
- C. Non government groups to do social work
- D. Government organisations for social work
Q2. Parties are about a part of the society and thus involve …………….?
- A. Partnership
- B. Participation
- C. Partisanship
- D. Political partnership
Q3. What are the components of a political party?
- A. Leaders
- B. Active members
- C. Followers
- D. All
Q4. In a democracy…..
- A. Parties are unanimously chosen
- B. Parties contest elections
- C. Parties are self chosen
- D. Parties are aristocratic
Also See: MCQs for Class 10 Economics Chapter 1 “Development” MCQs
Q5. Parties function through…..
- A. Demands of the people
- B. The way they want to
- C. Policies and programmes
- D. None of the above
Q6. Can parties play a role in making laws for the country?
- A. Yes
- B. No
- C. May be
- D. In some conditions
Q7. Those parties that lose in the elections…….
- A. Can still run the government
- B. Play the role of opposition
- C. Can make policies and programmes
- D. Cannot criticise the government
Q8. Who is the founder of the Bahujan Samaj Party?
- A. Sahu Maharaj
- B. Jyotiba Phule
- C. B.R. Ambedkar
- D. Kanshi Ram
Q9. Which political party believes in Marxism-Leninism?
- A. Communist Party of India
- B. Nationalist Congress Party
- C. Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK)
- D. Bahujan Samaj Party
Important Questions and Answers
|Class 10 Science Important Questions and Answer|
|Class 10 Social Science Important Questions and Answers|
|Class 10 English Important Questions and Answers|
Q10. Which party is the oldest political party in India?
- A. Indian National Congress (INC)
- B. Bahujan Samaj Party
- C. Bhartiya Janta Party
- D. Communist Party
Q11. Which country has an example of a Multi-Party System?
- A. India
- B. United Kingdom
- C. USA
- D. China
Q12. Which is a recognized political party?
- A. A party that is present in only one of the federal units
- B. A party that is based on regional and communal diversities
- C. A party that is recognized by the ‘Election Commission’ with all the privileges and facilities
- D. A party that is present in several and all units of the federation
Also See : MCQs for Class 10 History Chapter 1 “The Rise of Nationalism in Europe” MCQs
Q13. What does the term ‘Partisan’ mean?
- A. The affair of the state or the science of the governance
- B. A group of people who come together to promote common beliefs
- C. A person who is strongly committed to the party
- D. The ruling party which runs the government
Q14. How many parties are required in any democratic system to compete in elections in order to come to power?
- A. At least two parties
- B. A least four parties
- C. More than two parties
- D. At least three parties
Q15. Pick the country where the two-party system exists?
- A. United Kingdom
- B. China
- C. India
- D. Pakistan
Q16. How many numbers of parties are registered with The Election Commission of India?
- A. More than 750 parties
- B. Less than 750 parties
- C. 705 parties
- D. 750 Parties
Q17. Give the meaning of ‘Alliance’.
- A. Two parties together form the government.
- B. Leftist and Rightist together form the government.
- C. When state and national parties together form the government.
- D. When several parties in a multiparty system join for the purpose of contesting elections and winning power.
Q18. Which one of the following is considered the best form of government?
- A. Democracy
- B. Dictatorship
- C. Monarchy
- D. Military Rule
Also see: MCQs for Class 10 Geography Chapter 6 “Manufacturing Industries” MCQs
Q19. Select the statement related to the advantages of a multiparty system?
- A. Multi-party system provides limited choice to voters.
- B. There is a chance of conflict.
- C. Provides choice to the voters.
- D. In a Multi-party system regional parties get representation.
Q20. Political parties are allotted symbols by………?
- A. The government of India
- B. The constitution of India
- C. The party leaders
- D. The Election Commission
Q21. An Affidavit signifies (Legal) __________
- A. Signed document where a person makes a sworn statement regarding his or her antecedents.
- B. A law to check the menace.
- C. Legal document to declare the academic qualification.
- D. All of the above
Q22. What is an ideological one-party system?
- A. Party based on suppression of other parties.
- B. Party based on coercion.
- C. Party based on ideological reasons; coercion and suppression of other parties.
- D. Party based on communist ideology.
Q23. Political parties are most visible institutions in a democracy.Which of these is false?
- A. Even less educated citizens know about political parties.
- B. Ordinary citizens’ democracy is equal to political parties.
- C. Parties have become identified with social : and political divisions.
- D. Most people in a democracy are not critical of political parties.
Important Videos Links
Q24. Which party is only allowed to rule in China?
- A. Socialist party
- B. Communist party
- C. Liberal party
- D. Maoist party
Q25. A government is expected to base its policies on the line taken by the…..?
- A. All nominated parties
- B. Ruling party
- C. Opposition party and Ruling Party
- D. All
Q26. The Constitution was amended to stop……?
- A. Corruption
- B. Dictatorship
- C. Defection
- D. None
Q27. One of the demerits, of multiparty, is that it often appears very messy and leads to political ………….?
- A. Corruption
- B. Defection
- C. Instability
- D. Aristocracy
Q28. What is the name of the alliance that formed the government in 1998?
- A. National Democratic Alliance
- B. United progressive Alliance
- C. National progressive Alliance
- D. United Democratic Alliance
Q29. In which year was the Communist Party of India (CPI) formed?
- A. 1945
- B. 1925
- C. 1935
- D. 1955
Q30. Who founded the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)?
- A. Bharatiya Jana Sangh
- B. Syama Prasad Mukherjee
- C. Mamata Banerjee.
- D. Deendayal Upadhyaya
Answer key for Class 10 Political Science Book Chapter 6 “Political Parties” MCQs
|Q. No.||Ans.||Q. No.||Ans.||Q. No.||Ans.|
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 1 “Power Sharing”
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Book Chapter 2 “Federalism”
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 3 “Democracy and Diversity”
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Book Chapter 4 “Gender, Religion and Caste”
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 5 “Popular Struggles and Movements”
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 7 “Outcomes of Democracy”
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 8 “Challenges to Democracy”