Class 10 Civics MCQ Tests as per latest pattern – Take Chapter Wise Tests ABSOLUTELY FREE –Click here
CBSE Class 10 Political Science Democratic Politics Book Chapter 3 “Democracy and Diversity” Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with Answers
Here is a compilation of Free MCQs of Class 10 Political Science Democratic Politics Book Chapter 3 – Democracy and Diversity. Students can practice free MCQs as have been added by CBSE in the new exam pattern. At the end of Multiple Choice Questions, the answer key has also been provided for your reference
Q1. When did the Civil Rights Movement in the USA take place?
- A. 1960 to 1970
- B. 1954 to 1968
- C. 1950 to 1966
- D. 1956 to 1970
Q2. Who led the Civil Rights Movement in the USA?
- A. Mohamad Ali
- B. Richard Allen
- C. Martin Luther King Jr
- D. Rosa Parks
Q3. The Black Power movement emerged in ………
- A. 1966
- B. 1956
- C. 1964
- D. 1954
Q4. These social differences are mostly based on …………….
- A. Society
- B. School
- C. Caste
- D. Accident of Birth
Also see: MCQs for Class 10 Economics Book Chapter 3 “Money and Credit”
Q5. The difference between the Blacks and Whites becomes a social division in the US because
- A. Of colour
- B. Blacks tend to be poor, homeless and discriminated against
- C. The blacks are great politicians and freedom fighters
- D. A & B
Q6. What is the problem of social division between Northern Ireland and the Netherlands?
- A. Black and white societies
- B. Both are predominantly Christian but divided between Catholics and Protestants
- C. Extremely rich and poor
- D. None of the above
Q7. Countries like Germany and Sweden were once highly…………. before the migrants started creating social division?
- A. Hetrogenuous
- B. Homogeneous
- C. Kindred
- D. Assorted
Q8. What is the relation between politics of social relation and democracy?
- A. No relation
- B. A very positive relation
- C. social divisions lead to political divisions and lead to conflict
- D. Social divisions are independent of each other
Q9. What is the ratio of the population of Northern Ireland between Catholics and Protestants? Catholics: Protestants
- A. 46: 54
- B. 43 50
- C. 44:53
- D. 45 : 51
Important Questions and Answers
|Class 10 Science Important Questions and Answer|
|Class 10 Social Science Important Questions and Answers|
|Class 10 English Important Questions and Answers|
Q10. UK is predominantly ……….?
- A. Protestant
- B. Catholic
- C. Mixed
- D. Secular
Q11. The Republic of Ireland is predominantly………?
- A. Protestant
- B. Catholic
- C. Mixed
- D. Secular
Q12. When did the UK government and the Nationalists reach a peace treaty after which the latter suspended their armed struggle?
- A. 1995
- B. 1996
- C. 1997
- D. 1998
Also See: MCQs for Class 10 History Chapter 3 “The Making of a Global World”
Q13. For deciding the outcome of politics of social divisions in a country, how should people perceive their identities?
- A. in singular and exclusive terms
- B. Religious & caste based
- C. Regional
- D. they think of themselves as a country as whole
Q14. How should the political leaders raise the demands of any community?
- A. in singular and exclusive terms
- B. accommodate demands that are within the constitutional framework
- C. at the cost of another community
- D. Depends on how the leaders of the community represent themselves
Q15. People who feel marginalised, deprived and discriminated have to fight against the injustices. Such a fight often takes the ……….. path.
- A. Violent
- B. Peaceful
- C. Democratic
- D. Non democratic
Q16. In dealing with social divisions which one of the following statements is not correct about democracy?
- A. Due to political competition in a democracy, social divisions get reflected in politics.
- B. In a democracy it is possible for communities to voice their grievances in a peaceful manner.
- C. Democracy is the best way to accommodate social diversity.
- D. Democracy always leads to disintegration of society on the basis of social divisions.
Q17. Consider the following three statements.
1. Social divisions take place when social differences overlap.
2. It is possible that a person can have multiple identities.
3. Social divisions exist in only big countries like India.
Which of the statements is/are correct?
- A. 1, 2 and 3
- B. 1 and 2
- C. 2 and 3
- D. Only 3
Q18. Arrange the following statements in a logical sequence and select the right answers by using the code given below.
1. But all political expressions of social divisions need not always be dangerous.
2. Social divisions of one kind or the other exist in most countries.
3. Parties try to win political support by appealing to social divisions.
4. Some social differences may result in social divisions
- A. 4, 2, 3, 1
- B. 4, 2, 1, 3
- C. 4, 1, 3, 2
- D. 1, 2, 3, 4
Also See: MCQs for Class 10 Geography Chapter 3 “Water Resources”
Q19. Among the following, which country suffered disintegration due to political fights on the basis of religious and ethnic identities?
- A. Belgium
- B. India
- C. Yugoslavia
- D. Netherlands
Q20. Which three elements show the basic unity in India?
(i) Cultural unity
(iii) Unity in language
(iv) Religious equality
- A. (i), (iii) and (iv)
- B. (i), (ii) and (iv)
- C. (i) and (iii) only
- D. (i) and (iv) only
Q21. To show his support to the protesting American athletes during the award ceremony of Mexico Olympics, Peter Norman _____
- A. wore no socks
- B. wore a Human Rights badge
- C. wore a black scarf
- D. wore a string of beads
Q22. A society that has similar kinds of people, especially where there are no significant ethnic differences is called a
- A. Secular society
- B. Communal society
- C. Homogenous society
- D. Socially divided
Q23. African – American is the term used for:
- A. Africans who were brought into America as slaves
- B. Black Americans of America
- C. Martin Luther and his group
- D. John Corlos and Smith
Important Videos Links
Q24. Democracy involves:
- A. Competition among various political parties
- B. Religious inequalities
- C. Cultural diversity
- D. Conflict, violence and disintegration
Q25. Which three countries faced the problem of social division?
- A. United Kingdom, USA and India
- B. Belgium, Sri Lanka and United Kingdom
- C. Sri Lanka, Canada and India
- D. Belgium, Germany and USA
Q26. Which of the following statements about social differences in the Netherlands and Northern Ireland are correct?
1. Both Northern Ireland and the Netherlands are predominantly Christian but divided between Catholics and Protestants.
2. In Northern Ireland class and religion overlap each other.
3. Overlapping social differences do not create possibilities of deep social divisions and tensions.
4. In the Netherlands, class and religion tend to cut across each other.
- A. 1, 2, 3 and 4
- B. 1, 2 and 4
- C. 3 and 4
- D. 2, 3 and 4
Q27. Which of these statements regarding factors affecting politics of social divisions are true?
1. It is much easier if the people see that their identities are multiple and are complementary with national identity.
2. If people see their identities in singular and exclusive terms, it becomes very easy to accommodate.
3. It is easier to accommodate demands that are within the constitutional framework and not at the cost of another community.
4. It depends on how the government reacts to demands of different groups.
- A. 1 and 2 are true.
- B. 3 and 4 are true
- C. 1, 2 and 3 are true.
- D. 1, 3 and 4 are true.
Q28. Which one of the following statements is not correct about social division?
- A. Too many small divisions are better than a single big division.
- B. Politics is a force of unity when expressions of various kinds of social divisions occur.
- C. It is only in countries like India that we have social divisions.
- D. Assertion of social diversities in a country need not be seen as a source of danger.
Q29. Overlapping differences signifies:
- A. Religious and linguistic differences
- B. Cross-cut social differences
- C. Some social difference overlaps with other differences
- D. Cultural differences
Q30. Social differences arise due to difference in
- A. Race
- B. Religion
- C. Language
- D. All of the above
Answer key for Class 10 Political Science Book Chapter 3 “Democracy and Diversity” MCQs
|Q. No.||Ans.||Q. No.||Ans.||Q. No.||Ans.|
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 1 “Power Sharing”
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Book Chapter 2 “Federalism”
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Book Chapter 4 “Gender, Religion and Caste”
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 5 “Popular Struggles and Movements”
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 6 “Political Parties”
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 7 “Outcomes of Democracy”
- MCQs for Class 10 Political Science Chapter 8 “Challenges to Democracy”