Here are the following universities that offer MSc in genetics. The subject is also offered as a specialization in MSc biotech programmes.
The typical eligibility for both courses is a Bachelor’s degree in physical or biological sciences, biotech, agriculture, biotechnology, medicine, dentistry or veterinary sciences.
Genetics is also taught as part of the dairy technology courses
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
2. University of Delhi (www.du.ac.in)
3. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
4. Barkatullah Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal (MP)
5. Ch Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hissar (Haryana)
6. Devi Ahilya University, School of Biotechnology, Indore (MP) (www.davvbiotech.res.in)
7. Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana (Punjab)
8. Rajendra Agricultural University, Samastipur (Bihar)