Delhi schools to reopen for classes 10th and 12th after being shut for 10 months
Directorate of Education, Delhi Govt has allowed the schools across Delhi to reopen from January 18 after being shut for 10 months. The government has issued a guideline to be strictly adherence by the schools. The decision to reopen school was taken after consulted with guardians, school authorities etc.
Guidelines and SOPs released by government are as follows:
- Only students of class 10 and 12 are allowed to visit schools with parental consent.
- A record of the students coming to school will be maintained, but that will not be for attendance purpose as coming to school is voluntary.
- Schools inside containment zones will not be allowed to reopen and students, teachers from such areas won’t be allowed to come to schools.
- There will be no assembly or physical outdoor activities.
- All standard social-distancing guidelines, including staggard entry and exit, are to be followed.
- As the Delhi government is reopening schools only keeping in mind the pre-board exams, teachers will guide students regarding those.
- Online classes will continue for those who are staying at home.
- There will be two shifts if required depending on the number of students attending classes.
- There will be no transport offered by the school authorities.
- Class 10 students will have their pre-boards between March 20 and April 15. Class 12 students will have their pre-boards from April 1 to 15.