Savitribai Phule Pune University announces Entrance Test for Admission to PhD Program 2022
Savitribai Phule Pune University PhD Admission 2022 – Online applications are invited by the Savitribai Phule Pune University from eligible candidates for admission to Ph.D. Program in the University Department & Recognized Research Centers for the academic year 2022.
Savitribai Phule Pune University PhD Admission 2022
- Name of Faculty- Science and Technology
- Name of Faculty- Commerce and Management
- Name of Faculty- Humanities
- Name of Faculty- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Commencement of filling online applications: 15e September 2022
- Last date of filling online applications: 30th September 2022
- Date of online PhD Entrance Examination: 06th November 2022
- Tentative date of display of result on the University website: 10th November 2022
Eligibility Criteria for Savitribai Phule Pune University PhD Admission 2022
- Candidates having a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point Scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to reserved categories/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per policies of the Government of Maharashtra prescribed from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC-7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.phil Degree.
- M.Phil Students of SPPU whose M.Phil dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the PhD program
- Candidates with MD/MS qualification will be considered eligible to Phd program in the subject equivalent to medical science under the faculty of Science & Technology
- Application is available online on the website http://bcud.unipune.ac.in/phd_entrance/applicant/login.aspx
- Before filling the online application, please check the vacant positions for admission displayed on the University website.
- Required documents : Candidates shall upload following documents alongwith Online Application.
- For Appearing in PET Entrance Examination :For General Category : Rs. 1000/-
- For Appearing in PET Entrance Examination :For Reservation Category : Rs. 750/-
- For Exempted from appearing Entrance Examination as per notification clause-3 (i, ii) : For General Category : Rs. 800/-
- For Exempted from appearing Entrance Examination as per notification clause-3 (i, ii) : For Reservation Category : Rs. 600/-
- Mode of Payment : Online Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
- Candidates shall be admitted to PhD Program by a two stage process through:
a) Entrance Examination, which shall be a qualifying test. The Entrance Examination will be of 100% with Multiple choice type questions.
b) Personal Interview of candidates qualifying in Entrance Test/Candidates exempted from Entrance Examination, to be conducted as per procedure prescribed in due course.
Entrance Test Pattern
Entrance Test Paper consists of 2 Parts
- Research Methodology : 50 Marks
- Subject Specific : 50 Marks
- Total Question : 100
- All questions shall be with multiple choices, each correct answer carries 1 Mark. No negative marking system.
Exemption from appearing in Entrance Examination
- Candidates qualified in UGC-NET (Including JRF/UGC-CSIR NET (Including JRF/SLET/SET/GATE(Valid Score)/GPAT (Valid Score), CSIR/ICAR/ICMR/DBT & DST Inspire fellowship/Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Science (JGEEBILS) or Teacher fellowship holders will be exempted from the Entrance Test.
- Candidates who have passed M.Phil program of the Savitribai Phule Pune University will be exempted from the Entrance Test for PhD program.
For more details and apply online visit the official website