National Centre for Biological Sciences announces Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences 2022
JGEEBILS 2022 – The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Conducts Joint Graduate Entrance Exam 2022 – a shared entrance examination for several institutions doing research in biology and interdisciplinary life sciences. The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research coordinates the examination. All participating institutions use the JGEEBILS score along with other inputs as part of their admission process.
Students need to apply separately to each participating institution. Each institution has its own process: please refer to the websites of participating institutions for details of their admissions process and degree requirements.
- CTREC: Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer, Mumbai (www.actrec.gov.in)
- Ashoka University (www.ashoka.edu.in)
- Bose Institute: Bose Institute, Kolkata (www.jcbose.ac.in)
- CCMB: Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad (www.ccmb.res.in)
- CDFD: Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad (www.cdfd.org.in)
- CHG: Centre for Human Genetics, Bangalore (www.chg.res.in)
- IISER: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
- IISER-Bh, Berhampur (www.iiserbpr.ac.in/)
- IISER-K, Kolkata (www.iiserkol.ac.in)
- IISER-P, Pune (www.iiserpune.ac.in)
- IISER-TVM, Thiruvananthapuram (www.iisertvm.ac.in)
- IISER-T, Tirupati (www.iisertirupati.ac.in)
- IMSc: Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai (www.imsc.res.in)
- InStem: Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine, Bengaluru (www.instem.res.in)
- MSLS: Manipal School of Life Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal (https://www.manipal.edu/mu.html)
- NBRC: National Brain Research Centre, Manesar (www.nbrc.ac.in)
- NCCS: National Centre for Cell Science, Pune (www.nccs.res.in)
- NIBMG: National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani (www.nibmg.ac.in)
- NII: National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi (www.nii.res.in)
- NISER: National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar (www.niser.ac.in)
- SINP: Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata (www.saha.ac.in)
- THSTI: Translational Health Science and Technology Institute, Faridabad (www.thsti.res.in/)
- TIFR: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
- DBS-TIFR: Department of Biological Sciences, Mumbai (www.tifr.res.in/~dbs)
- NCBS-TIFR: National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bengaluru (www.ncbs.res.in)
- TCIS-TIFR: Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad (www.tifrh.res.in)
Program offered at each institution
- PhD at all the listed institutions, except NIBMG.
- Integrated MSc-PhD at TIFR (all Centres), IISER (all locations), Bose Institute and NIBMG. MSc at
- NBRC. MSc-by Research at DBS-TIFR, MSc (Wildlife) at NCBS-TIFR.
JGEEBILS Dates 2022
- Last date for receiving applications: November 07, 2021.
- Date and time of JGEEBILS: Sunday, December 12, 2021, 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
JGEEBILS Eligibility Criteria 2022
- For PhD. : M.A./M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech //M.S./M.Pharma or equivalent degree.
- For Integrated MSc-PhD : Bachelors in any Basic Science (Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ any branch of Biology) OR Any 4-year degree programme that awards a “Bachelor’s degree” including B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma. (4 year course).
- For MSc Programmes : B.Sc./B.Pharm./B.S. degree or equivalent degree.
- For MSc-by Research : Bachelor’s Degree (Physics/Chemistry/Any branch of Biology).
- Candidates in the final year of qualifying degree can also apply.
- Note: For all the courses, Eligibility details, Visit official website http://univ.tifr.res.in & https://www.ncbs.res.in/
JGEEBILS Application Process 2022
- Eligible candidates can apply online mode only through University website http://univ.tifr.res.in/ & https://www.ncbs.res.in/academic/admissions-JGEEBILS
- Please follow the appropriate link on this website for filling up the application form. Read the instructions carefully before you start filling up the online application form. Do not make multiple registrations for the same subject.
- Students may take the online test in multiple subjects provided the timings do not clash. Please submit separate applications for each subject.
- Before you choose a Ph.D. or Integrated Ph.D. program in the basic registration form, please go through the eligibility criteria carefully.
- Ensure that you have typed your email ID correctly in the basic registration form. An sms is sent on the mobile number and an email is sent after completion of the basic registration wherein login credentials are given to complete the form.
- For Male Candidates: Rs. 1200/-
- For Female Candidates: Rs. 600/-
- For Others: Rs. 600/-
- Mode of Payment: Online through Netbanking/Credit/Debit cards/UPI etc
JGEEBILS Admit Card 2022
- The candidates have to download the admit card from the website http://univ.tifr.res.in/
- Admit cards will only be released for the candidates who have submitted the application form on or before the last date. The Admission card contains the important details regarding the exams like examination time, venue and instruction which candidates must follow during the examination time.
- The admissions procedure (in all subjects, except Science Education) consists of an online test at one of the several nationwide centres, followed by interviews of shortlisted candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews to be held during April-May 2022. Exact dates would be announced later. Results of the entrance examination will be announced on end-February, 2022 and students shortlisted for interview will be intimated by email.
- For Biology – The TIFR Nationwide Entrance Examination (GS2022) for Biology is also called the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS).
- All participating institutions use the result from this examination as a part of their admission process. Students need to apply separately to each JGEEBILS participating institution.
For more information and to apply online, visit the university website