National Institute of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirappalli announces Admission to PhD Program 2024 (January Session), Apply now
NIT Trichy PhD Admission 2024 – National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli invites applications from interested candidates for admission into PhD Program (Full time/Part time) in Engineering & Architecture, Sciences (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry), Computer Applications, Management, and Humanities & Social Sciences for the academic session beginning in January 2024. Candidates can check details on NIT Trichy PhD Admission 2024 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application process and more from the post below.
NIT Trichy PhD Admission 2024
PhD Program Categories
- ( i ) Half-time Teaching/Research Assistantship (HTRA) (ii) Externally Funded, and (iii) Non-Stipendiary and
- Part-Time: In-Service
- ( i ) Internal and (ii) External
- Start of Online Application (Website Open): 27th September 2023
- Last Date for submission of Online application (Website Closure): 31st October 2023
- Tentative Schedule for Written Test/Interview : 04th – 09th December 2023
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Trichy PhD Admission 2024
- For PhD in Engineering : Bachelor’s and Master’s / M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering / Technology in the appropriate branch of study with a qualified GATE score obtained in the last five years from the closing date of application form and with a minimum of 60% (or above) aggregate marks (CGPA ≥ 6.5/10) in UG and PG for admission under OC/OC-EWS/OBC-NCL category and 55% aggregate (or above) marks or equivalent CGPA of ≥ 6.0 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- For PhD in Sciences : Master’s degree in Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Physics with a qualified GATE score (obtained in the last five years from the closing date of the application form)/NET/ UGC/ CSIR/ NBHM score and a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.5/10 in B.Sc and M.Sc for admission under OC/ OC-EWS/ OBC-NCL category or a minimum of 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0/10 in B.Sc and M.Sc for admission under SC/ST/PwD category.
- For PhD in Humanities & Social Sciences : Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Humanities/Social Science/Economics/Business Administration/Commerce/Statistics with a qualified UGC/ NET/ CAT/AIMA/ XAT/ MAT and a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.5/10 in UG and PG for admission under OC/ OC-EWS/ OBC-NCL category or a minimum of 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0/10 in UG and PG for admission under SC/ ST/ PwD category.
- To check detailed eligibility criteria please refer the Information Brochure
- Applicants must apply through the online portal https://admission.nitt.edu/phdjan24/ only.
- Applicants are advised to read this Information Brochure carefully before applying online.
- While filling-in the online application, attention must be paid to the following:
- Applicants are requested to apply online only. Hard copy of the application is needed through proper channels from the part-time internal applicants only.
- Applicants must fill/enter their CGPA or percentage of marks as issued by their institute/university.
- Online application once submitted by the applicants shall be considered final and binding. Requests for making corrections in the online application shall not be entertained once the final submission is made.
- For OC/OBC(NCL)/EWS applicants : Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST/PwD applicants : Rs. 750/-
- Mode of Payment : The fee payment (for one more departments) should be made through State Bank i-collect mode only
- For all the 4 categories (full- and part-times), the mode and norms for selection shall be uniform. Following the scrutiny and short-listing of the applications, eligible candidates will be called to attend a written test. The conduct of the written test will be based on the number of applications received and the prevailing pandemic situation.
- Candidates, short listed based on the performance in written test* need to appear for a technical and personal interview conducted by the Departmental Research Committee comprising of HoD, all eligible research guides/supervisors and the Dean’s nominee (observer).
- Information on shortlisted applicants and the dates of written test* and interviews shall be put up on the institute’s website in due course of time. No correspondence from the applicants is entertained, unless otherwise the institute officials write an email.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website