Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU) Kottayam announces Admission to PhD Programs 2023, Apply Now
MGU PhD Admission 2023 – Applications are invited from interested candidates by Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU) Kerala for admission to PhD Program based on UGC (Minimum standards and procedure for award of M.Phil/ PhD degree) for the academic session 2023-24.
MGU PhD Admission 2023
- Date of Opening the Portal for Online Submission of Application: 25th March 2023
- Date of Closing the Portal (Last date of submission of Application): 10th April 2023
- Date of Entrance Examination: 06th & 07th May 2023
- Date of Issuance of Hall Tickets: Will be notified through the portal
- Candidates for admission to Ph.D. Programme shall have a Master’s degree in the concerned or related discipline or a professional degree declared equivalent to Master’s Degree of Mahatma Gandhi University or of other Universities, recognized as eligible for higher studies, thereto securing not less than 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade.
- In case, where a candidate with post graduation from other universities proposes to do
- research in a subject not offered by the university, the subject must have been made equivalent by the university to the corresponding subject in the university.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, is allowed.
- Candidates qualifying professional courses (MBBS, BAMS, BHMS, BDS, BVSc, B.Tech.) with a duration of minimum four years with exceptional academic performance with 55% marks in aggregate.
- Those awaiting results of the qualifying examination also may apply, but shall submit the documents pertaining to the result on or before 30th November 2023.
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.mgu.ac.in/
- Application Form can also be downloaded from the University Website https://www.mgu.ac.in/
- The filled-in application with the related documents should be sent to the Deputy Registrar I (Academic), Mahatma Gandhi University, Priyadarshini Hills, Kottayam – 686 560, on or before 10th April 2023. Also, scanned copies of the application and related documents should be sent to the e-mail id [email protected]
- For General Candidate : Rs. 1050/- (One Thousand and Fifty Only)
- For SC/ST Candidates : Rs. 790/- (Seven Hundred and Ninety Only)
- The cost of the application is Rs. : Rs. 30/- (Thirty Only)
- Mode of Payment : Through the e-payment system
- Admission to the Ph.D. Programs will be made on the basis of Entrance Test (ET) & Doctoral Interview.
- Those who will pass the Entrance Test with minimum 50% marks will be called for a Doctoral Interview.
- The selection will be on the basis of the marks obtained for the Doctoral Interview. Only candidates who score 50% marks will be recommended for registration for Ph.D. Program. For SC/ST candidates, the minimum marks required is 45%.
Exemption from Entrance Test
- The following categories of candidates are exempted from passing Entrance Test :
- UGC/CSIR/KSCSTE/DST/INSPIRE/MANF/RGNF Fellowship Awardees.
- Candidates who have qualified in the NET/SLET/GATE/GPAT/JEST or other tests conducted by Government bodies such as UGC, CSIR, ICAR, ICSSR and ICMR.
- DST Women Scientist Awardees.
- Candidates under Visweswaraya Ph.D. Scheme.
- Scientists from the accredited R&D Institutions.
- M.Phil. degree holders in the subject concerned.
- M.Phil. candidates awaiting results and M.Tech. or equivalent degree holders.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website