National Center for Radio Astrophysics and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research notifies Joint Entrance Screening Test 2022 for PhD and Integrated PhD Programs Admission, Apply Now
JEST 2022 – The National Center for Radio Astrophysics and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research has released the notification for Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2022. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is conducted by several premier research institutes for admission to PhD and Integrated Ph.D. Program in its different participating institutions.
Applicants seeking admission for a PhD/Integrated PhD Program in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology in one of the Participating Institutes may appear for the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2022.
- Visit the individual institute pages to view the programs and subject areas being offered.
- ARIES, Bose Institute, HBNI, HRI, ICTS, IGCAR, IIA, IISc, IISER Bhopal, IISER Berhampur, IISER Kolkata, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram, IISER Tirupati, IIST, IMSc, IOP, IPR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NBRC, NCRA-TIFR, NISER, PRL, RRCAT, RRI, SINP, SNBNCBS, TIFR-TCIS, TIFR, UGC-DAE CSR, VECC
JEST Dates 2022
- Online registration and application portal will be opened from: December 18, 2021
- Last date for submission of online applications and payment of application fee: January 18, 2022
- JEST-2022 is scheduled to be held on: March 13, 2022
JEST Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Participating Institutes have their own eligibility criteria for admission in Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D programs. Applicants who are expecting to complete their final examinations of their ongoing course by August 2022 are also eligible to appear for the JEST-2022.
- Listed below are tentative eligibility criteria of admission to M.Sc, Ph.D, and Integrated / M.Sc / M.Tech. – Ph.D programs in the participating institutes.
PhD in Physics
- M.Sc. in Physics (all participating Institutes).
- Additionally, some institutes accept B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in disciplines of Applied Physics and Mathematics, as listed below.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- B.E. or B.Tech. will be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
- M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics will be considered at IUCAA and NCRA-TIFR.
- MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be considered at IPR.
- M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics or Biochemistry will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B.Tech Eng. Phys.will be considered at TIFR and NCRA-TIFR..
- M.E./ M.Tech in Applied Physics will be considered at NISER.
- M.Sc. in Astronomy/Optics/Photonics/Biophysics also will be considered at RRI.
- MSc. in Physics, Chemistry and Biophysics will be considered at SNBNCBS.
PhD in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
PhD in Neuroscience at NBRC
- M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science
PhD in Computational Biology at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – PhD Program (Physics)
- BSc in Physics (Major/Hons), or in Physics and Mathematics (Physics cannot be an allied/subsidiary/minor subject) will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B. Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IMSc.
- B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered in IIA.
- B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech in Engineering Physics , with a minimum of first class marks, will be considered at NISER.
- B.Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS.
- B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tec. will be considered for Integrated M.Sc – PhD at Bose Institute.
- B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics/Computer Science/Electronics) / B.E. / B.Tech. will be considered for Integrated M.Sc – PhD at Bose Institute.
Integrated PhD Program in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Integrated M.Tech – PhD. Program at IIA
- M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics.
Integrated PhD Program at IISER Kolkata and IISER. Thiruvananthapuram.
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E. / B. Tech. in any discipline.
- Sc. Program at HRI.
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline
- HRI is starting a new M.Sc. programme in Physics from 2017. The Integrated Ph.D. programme in Physics at HRI is discontinued from 2017.
Joint SPPU-IUCAA MSc Physics (Astrophysics) program
- B. Sc. (Physics and Mathematics) or B.E. / B. Tech. in any branch of engineering, with a minimum of 55% marks.
JEST Application Process 2022
- Applications for JEST-2022 can be submitted online ONLY (https://www.jest.org.in/).
- To apply online, applicants must create an account using a valid email-id.
- Before filling the online application form, candidates are requested to read the instructions carefully.
- For General Candidates : Rs. 800/-
- For SC / ST Male Candidates: Rs. 100/-
- For SC / ST Females Candidates : None
- Mode of Payment : Through online net banking / credit card and debit card.
- The official authority has levied the following selection procedure for JEST 2022 Admission in the 32 participating institutes.
- Stage 1 : JEST 2022 i.e a common entrance test held in the pen and paper mode. The applicants must note that the JEST question papers are normally not made available.
- Stage 2: Selected candidates are then called for the interview session at the participating institutes.
JEST Exam Pattern 2021
- Type of Questions: There are MCQ types of questions.
- Number of alternatives: There are 4 alternatives.
- Number of Sections: The question paper is divided into 3 sections i.e Part A and Part B and C
- Language: The JEST 2022 will be held in English language
- Marking Scheme: The official authority has prescribed the following marking scheme
- For correct answers: 3 marks are allotted in Section A
- There is no negative marking.
JEST Admit Cards 2022
- Admit cards will be available in the JEST webpage after 31st of January, 2022. Bring a printout of the downloaded admit card and one of your photo-ids for entry into the examination centre. Admit cards will NOT be sent by post/email.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website