Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU) Kottayam announces Admission to PhD Programs 2021
MGU PhD Admission 2021 – Applications are invited from interested candidates by Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU) Kottayam for admission to PhD Program based on UGC (Minimum standards and procedure for award of M.Phil/ PhD degree) for the academic session 2021-22.
Candidates can check details on MGU PhD Admission 2021 such as the program offered, eligibility criteria, application process, important dates, etc from the page below.
MGU PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Issue of application Form :- 01st July 2021
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form is :- 31st July 2021
Eligibility Criteria for MGU PhD Admission 2021
- Candidates for admission to Ph.D. Programme shall have a Master’s degree in the concerned or related discipline or a professional degree declared equivalent to Master’s Degree of Mahatma Gandhi University or of other Universities, recognized as eligible for higher studies, thereto securing not less than 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade.
- In case, where a candidate with post graduation from other universities proposes to do
- research in a subject not offered by the university, the subject must have been made equivalent by the university to the corresponding subject in the university.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, is allowed.
- Candidates qualifying professional courses (MBBS, BAMS, BHMS, BDS, BVSc, B.Tech.) with a duration of minimum four years with exceptional academic performance with 55% marks in aggregate.
- Those awaiting results of the qualifying examination also may apply, but shall submit the documents pertaining to the result on or before 30th November 2021.
MGU PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.mgu.ac.in/
- Application Form can also be downloaded from the University Website https://www.mgu.ac.in/
- The filled-in application with the related documents should be sent to the Deputy Registrar I (Academic), Mahatma Gandhi University, Priyadarshini Hills, Kottayam – 686 560, on or before 31st July 2020. Also, scanned copies of the application and related documents should be sent to the e-mail id [email protected]
- For General Candidate : Rs. 1050/- (One Thousand and Fifty Only)
- For SC/ST Candidates : Rs. 790/- (Seven Hundred and Ninety Only)
- The cost of the application is Rs. : Rs. 30/- (Thirty Only)
- Mode of Payment : Through the e-payment system
- Admission to the Ph.D. Programs will be made on the basis of Entrance Test (ET) & Doctoral Interview.
- Those who will pass the Entrance Test with minimum 50% marks will be called for a Doctoral Interview.
- The selection will be on the basis of the marks obtained for the Doctoral Interview. Only candidates who score 50% marks will be recommended for registration for Ph.D. Program. For SC/ST candidates, the minimum marks required is 45%.
Exemption from Entrance Test
- The following categories of candidates are exempted from passing Entrance Test :
- UGC/CSIR/KSCSTE/DST/INSPIRE/MANF/RGNF Fellowship Awardees.
- Candidates who have qualified in the NET/SLET/GATE/GPAT/JEST or other tests conducted by Government bodies such as UGC, CSIR, ICAR, ICSSR and ICMR.
- DST Women Scientist Awardees.
- Candidates under Visweswaraya Ph.D. Scheme.
- Scientists from the accredited R&D Institutions.
- M.Phil. degree holders in the subject concerned.
- M.Phil. candidates awaiting results and M.Tech. or equivalent degree holders.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website