Goa University announces Admission to PhD Program for September 2023 Session, Apply Now
Goa University PhD Admission 2023 – Goa University invites application for admission to PhD Program offered in various disciplines for the academic session 2023. Goa University is a public state research university established in December 1984 . The university offers graduate, post-graduate studies and research programs. Interested candidates can check the post below for more details such as program offered, important dates, eligibility criteria, application process,etc for Goa University PhD Admission 2023.
Goa University PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program Offered
- Ph.D. in English; French; Portuguese; Hindi; Konkani; Marathi; History; Political Science; Sociology; Philosophy; International Relations; Women’s Studies; Biotechnology; Botany; Microbiology; Zoology; Marine Science; Earth Science; Marine Microbiology; Chemistry; Biochemistry; Physics; Electronics; Mathematics; Commerce; Economics; Management; Computer Science; Law; Music; Pharmacy; Education; Civil Engineering; Electrical & Electronics Engineering; Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Geography
- Commencement of online applications 29th September 2023
- Last Date for applying online 14th October 2023
- Conduct of Interview 20th October & 21st October 2023
- Declaration of list of Selected Candidates 31st October 2023
- Last date of verification of Documents 14th November 2023
- Last date of payment of fees 30th November 2023
- A candidate who has obtained a 1-year/2-Semester Master’s Degree Programme after a 4-year/8-Semester Bachelor’s Degree Programme or a 2-year/4-Semester Master’s Degree Programme after a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree Programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or an equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution
- Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. Programme with at least 55% mark in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to the PhD Programme.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade shall be given for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer [NCL])/Person with Disability(PwD), Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
- Candidates are required to apply on online on the Official Website Link- https://www.unigoa.ac.in/systems/c/admissions/announcementsnotices.html
- Required documents to be uploaded at the time of submitting the online application.
- Applicants are eligible to apply for a maximum of three Programmes.
- Candidates are required to check/confirm the correctness of the information entered before paying and submitting their application. Application fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- General Category/OBC : Rs. 750/ per subject/Programme
- SC/ST : Rs. 350/ per Subject/Programme
- Persons with Disabilities : Nil
- Mode of payment : Through online mode
- Candidates who qualify for the fellowship/scholarship in UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET/ GATE/CEED/GPAT and similar National level tests or any other test notified by the UGC from time to time, shall be eligible for admission to the PhD Programme based on an interview.
- Candidates not falling under (a) above but have qualified NET/SET Lectureship shall be eligible for admission to the PhD Programme based on an interview. There shall be 70% weightage for the score at the NET/SET and 30% weightage for the Interview.
- Candidates not falling under (a and b) above shall have to answer the Entrance Test conducted at the University and those qualifying the test shall be eligible to attend the interview. There shall be 70% weightage for the score at Entrance Test and 30% weightage for the Interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website