University of Delhi MPhil and PhD Entrance Test 2017-18
Admission to M.Phil./PhD Programmes in University of Delhi 2017-18 through Entrance Test
University of Delhi has released notification for admission to various M.Phil & PhD Programmes for the academic year 2017-18
Interested candidates can read the complete details of DU M.Phil & PhD Admission 2017 such as application form & fee details, eligibility criteria, selection process etc on this page.
Schedule for DU M. Phil & PhD Admission 2017
Start Date for Online Registration 12th June 2017
Closing Date for Online Registration 22th June 2017
Dates for the conduct of the Entrance Exams: 01st July - 06th July 2017
Announcement of Results/Grievance handling 07th July - 12th July 2017
Interviews/ Presentation of Synopsis** 12th July, 2017 onwards
The seat distribution for M.Phil. & PhD Programmes in different Departments is given in Annexure-III/Annexure-IV respectively. The reservation to the prescribed extent shall apply in compliance with the rules notified by the University
M.Phil* offered under the following Faculties and its Departments:
1. Arts [Depts.: Arabic, Buddhist Studies, English, German & Romance Studies, Hindi, Library & Information Science, Linguistics, Modern Indian Languages and Literary Studies, Persian, Philosophy, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Urdu]
2. Applied Social Sciences & Humanities [M.Phil Russian Studies]
3. Commerce & Business Studies [M.Phil: Commerce]
4. Education [M.Phil: Education]
5. Interdisciplinary & Applied Sciences [M.Phil: Biotechnology]
6. Music & Fine Arts [M.Phil: Music]
7. Mathematical Sciences [M.Phil: Mathematics, Statistics & Operational Research]
8. Social Sciences [M.Phil: Adult Continues Education and Extension, Political Science, History, Economics, Sociology, Geography, Social Work, African Studies]
9. Science [M.Phil: Anthropology, Botany, Geology and Zoology]
PhD offered* under the following Faculties and its Depts.:
1. Arts [Dept.: Arabic, Buddhist Studies, English, Germanic & Romance Studies, Hindi, Library & Information Science, Linguistics, Modern Indian Languages & Literary Studies, Persian, Philosophy, Psychology, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Urdu]
2. Applied Social Sciences & Humanities [Business Economics, Slavonic & Finno - Ugrian Studies]
3. Commerce & Business Studies [Commerce, Financial Studies]
4. Education [Education]
5. Interdisciplinary & Applied Sciences [Biophysics, Genetics, Biochemistry, Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Electronics, Microbiology, Physical Education and Sports Sciences]
6. Institute of Information of & Communication [Institute of Informatics and Communication]
7. Law [Law]
8. Music & Fine [Arts Music]
9. Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (NSIT) [Technology]
10. Mathematical Sciences [Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics, Computer Science]
11. Social Sciences [Adult Continuing Education and Extension, Political Science, History, Economics, Sociology, Geography, Social Work, East Asian Studies and African Studies]
12. Science [Anthropology, Botany, Physics & Astrophysics, Chemistry, Geology, Zoology, Environmental Studies, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Center for Biomedical Research (ACBR), Home Science]
Qualifying Examinations: The criteria for qualifying examination for each of the M. Phil & PhD Programmes is given in Annexure-VII and Annexure-VIII respectively.
The Departments/Colleges of the University may advise the candidates concerned, wherever necessary, to get recognition/equivalence of their degrees/ diplomas/ certificates authenticated from the Association of Indian Universities/University Grants Commission/AICTE/Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) on his own for the purpose of admission in the Department/College
Further, the cases of equivalence of degrees /certificates /diploma may then be put up before the University Authorities for further consideration and confirmation
Reservation of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC) to the prescribed extent shall apply in compliance with the rules notified by the University
Supernumerary seats shall be available for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Foreign Nationals as per the University rules
Admission Procedure - How to Apply ?
All the candidates seeking admission to the M.Phil/PhD Program are required to register online.
The admission of the candidates for the M.Phil Program is governed by the Ordinance VI, VI-A, VI-A-(1) and VI-A-(2) of the University of Delhi [see Annexure-XI]
The Ordinance VI-B of the University of Delhi [see Annexure-XII] governs admission of the candidates for the PhD Program
Admission to M.Phil/PhD Program is through written examination, followed by an interview. Applicants seeking admission in PhD Programs shall go through "Section C (Procedure for Admission)" of Ordinance VI-B [see Annexure-XII] to check if they are exempted from appearing in the written exam. However, Interview is mandatory for all applicants.
An applicant shall also provide details of the "Research Proposal" for seeking admission in M.Phil/PhD Programs in certain Depts. Applicant must go through Annexure-V (for M.Phil.) and Annexure-VI (for Ph.D.) to check if the "Research Proposal" is mandatory for the applied Program
Applicant shall be asked to upload the following items: (i) Passport size photograph of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb; Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG); (ii) Scanned signature of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb; Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG); (iii) Self attested copy of Identity Proof of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb, Formats JPG/ JPEG/ PNG). Identity proof can be any one of the following documents: Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN card, Voter’s identity card, Passport or College identity card.
Registration Fee (non-refundable) for the written examination is the following:
For SC/ST and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) - Rs.250/-
For all other categories (Unreserved, OBC etc) - Rs.500/-
Registration fee has to be paid during online registration process through one of the available online payment options
Admit Card’s download link shall be available after 26th June 2017 (closing date of online registration). Please visit the M.Phil/PhD admission portal for news and updates related to the Admit Card and on the admission procedures
Candidate shall take the printout of the Admit Card. The print quality of the Admit Card should be good enough for verification.
Centres for the Written Exam
Written examination shall be conducted at the Centres located in the following cities - Bengaluru, Delhi, Jammu, Kolkata, Nagpur and Varanasi
For notification regarding M.Phil/PhD admissions, visit (www.du.ac.in); for further updates on information regarding M.Phil/PhD admissions, visit http://admission.du.ac.in/phd17
University of Delhi
Foreign Students’ Registry Office Room No. 11, First Floor, Conference Centre, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007 Phone No: 011-27666756, Email: [email protected] Website: http://du.ac.in/du/
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more Latest Entrance Exam.
Post your comments here