University of Delhi MPhil and PhD Program Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
University of Delhi announces admission to MPhil and PhD Program 2019
University of Delhi MPhil and PhD Admission 2019 - The University of Delhi has released notification for admission to various M.Phil and PhD Programs for the academic year 2019-20.
The admission in DU M.Phil. and Ph.D. Courses will be granted on the basis of the entrance examination, the dates for which will be released by the University.
The candidates aiming to pursue M.Phil and Ph.D. Course from the Delhi University may check more details on DU M.Phil and Ph.D. Admission 2019 from the page below.
See: PhD Admissions
University of Delhi MPhil and PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Availability & Submission of Application Form: 20th May 2019
- Closing Date for Online Registration: 31st May 2019
- Dates for the conduct of the Entrance Exams: 03rd - 04th week of June 2019
- Announcement of Results/Grievance handling: Last week of June 2019
- Interviews/ Presentation of Synopsis: July to October 2019
- PhD Course Work Commencement: August 2019
- The seat distribution for M.Phil & PhD Programs in different Departments is given in Annexure-III/Annexure-IV respectively. The reservation to the prescribed extent shall apply in compliance with the rules notified by the University.
See: M.Phil Admissions
M.Phil* offered under the following Faculties and its Departments:
- Arts [Depts.: Arabic, Buddhist Studies, English, German & Romance Studies, Hindi, Library & Information Science, Linguistics, Modern Indian Languages and Literary Studies, Persian, Philosophy, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Urdu]
- Applied Social Sciences & Humanities [M.Phil Russian Studies]
- Commerce & Business Studies [M.Phil: Commerce]
- Education [M.Phil: Education]
- Interdisciplinary & Applied Sciences [M.Phil: Biotechnology]
- Music & Fine Arts [M.Phil: Music]
- Mathematical Sciences [M.Phil: Mathematics, Statistics & Operational Research]
- Social Sciences [M.Phil: Adult Continues Education and Extension, Political Science, History, Economics, Sociology, Geography, Social Work, African Studies]
- Science [M.Phil: Anthropology, Botany, Geology and Zoology]
PhD offered* under the following Faculties and its Depts.:
- Arts [Dept.: Arabic, Buddhist Studies, English, Germanic & Romance Studies, Hindi, Library & Information Science, Linguistics, Modern Indian Languages & Literary Studies, Persian, Philosophy, Psychology, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Urdu]
- Applied Social Sciences & Humanities [Business Economics, Slavonic & Finno - Ugrian Studies]
- Commerce & Business Studies [Commerce, Financial Studies]
- Education [Education]
- Interdisciplinary & Applied Sciences [Biophysics, Genetics, Biochemistry, Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Electronics, Microbiology, Physical Education and Sports Sciences]
- Institute of Information of & Communication [Institute of Informatics and Communication]
- Law [Law]
- Music & Fine [Arts Music]
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (NSIT) [Technology]
- Mathematical Sciences [Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics, Computer Science]
- Social Sciences [Adult Continuing Education and Extension, Political Science, History, Economics, Sociology, Geography, Social Work, East Asian Studies and African Studies]
- Science [Anthropology, Botany, Physics & Astrophysics, Chemistry, Geology, Zoology, Environmental Studies, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Center for Biomedical Research (ACBR), Home Science]
Eligibility Criteria for University of Delhi MPhil and PhD Admission 2019
- The criteria for qualifying examination for each of the M.Phil & PhD Programs is given in Annexure-VII and Annexure-VIII respectively.
- The Departments/Colleges of the University may advise the candidates concerned, wherever necessary, to get recognition/equivalence of their degrees/ diplomas/ certificates authenticated from the Association of Indian Universities/University Grants Commission/AICTE/Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) on his own for the purpose of admission in the Department/College
- Further, the cases of equivalence of degrees /certificates /diploma may then be put up before the University Authorities for further consideration and confirmation
- Reservation of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC) to the prescribed extent shall apply in compliance with the rules notified by the University
- Supernumerary seats shall be available for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Foreign Nationals as per the University rules
University of Delhi MPhil and PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- All the candidates seeking admission to the M.Phil/PhD Program are required to register online.
- The admission of the candidates for the M.Phil Program is governed by the Ordinance VI, VI-A, VI-A-(1) and VI-A-(2) of the University of Delhi [see Annexure-XI]
- The Ordinance VI-B of the University of Delhi [see Annexure-XII] governs admission of the candidates for the PhD Program
- Admission to M.Phil/PhD Program is through written examination, followed by an interview. Applicants seeking admission in PhD Programs shall go through "Section C (Procedure for Admission)" of Ordinance VI-B [see Annexure-XII] to check if they are exempted from appearing in the written exam. However, Interview is mandatory for all applicants.
- An applicant shall also provide details of the "Research Proposal" for seeking admission in M.Phil/PhD Programs in certain Depts. Applicant must go through Annexure-V (for M.Phil.) and Annexure-VI (for Ph.D.) to check if the "Research Proposal" is mandatory for the applied Program
- Applicant shall be asked to upload the following items: (i) Passport size photograph of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb; Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG); (ii) Scanned signature of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb; Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG); (iii) Self attested copy of Identity Proof of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb, Formats JPG/ JPEG/ PNG). Identity proof can be any one of the following documents: Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN card, Voterâ€™s identity card, Passport or College identity card.
- Registration Fee (non-refundable) for the written examination is the following:
- For SC/ST and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) - Rs.250/-
- For all other categories (Unreserved, OBC etc) - Rs.500/-
- Registration fee has to be paid during online registration process through one of the available online payment options
- Admit Card download link shall be available after 26th June 2019 (closing date of online registration). Please visit the M.Phil/PhD admission portal for news and updates related to the Admit Card and on the admission procedures
- Candidate shall take the printout of the Admit Card. The print quality of the Admit Card should be good enough for verification.
Centres for the Written Exam
- Written examination shall be conducted at the Centres located in the following cities - Bengaluru, Delhi, Jammu, Kolkata, Nagpur and Varanasi
For more information regarding M.Phil/PhD admissions, visit www.du.ac.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India