UGC NET 2019 December Notification, Dates, Eligibility, Application Form
National Testing Agency (NTA) releases Notification for UGC NET 2019 (December)
UGC NET 2019 Exam Overview
- Exam Name: UGC NET 2019 ( NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST)
- Conducted by: NTA (Role of NTA is only upto the conduct of NET Examination and declaration of result)
- E-certificates of Qualified Candidates issued by: UGC-NET Bureau
- UGC NET 2019 December will be conducted by NTA on 02nd dec 2019 to 06th dec 2019
- UGC-NET Notification and online application form submission starts from 09th Sept 2019
UGC NET 2019 (December) - National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grants Commission invites application for National Eligibility Test (NET) December 2019
The NTA will be conducting the UGC NET 2019 December Exam for the posts of Junior Research Fellowship or eligibility for Assistant Professor or both in Indian University between 02nd to 06th Dec 2019.
Interested candidates can read this notification for more information associated with the UGC NET 2019 application form, registration process, exam pattern, important dates etc. given on the page below.
UGC NET 2019 December Exam is conducted for the posts of Junior Research Fellowship or eligibility for Assistant Professor or both in Indian University.
UGC NET 2019 Dates (December)
- Starting Date of Application Form: 09th Sept 2019 to
9th October, 2019extended to 15th Oct. 2019
- Downloading of Admit Cards: 9th November, 2019
- Date of Examinations: 02nd Dec 2019 to 06th Dec 2019
- Date of Announcing Results : 31st December, 2019
- Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-Banking/Paytm: 16th October 2019 (upto 11:50 pm)
- Correction in particulars of Application Form on Website only 18th Oct to 25th October 2019
- Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Keys: To be announced later on website
Timing of Exam
- First Shift: 09.30 am to 01.00 pm
- Second Shift: 02.00 pm to 05.30 pm
- Centre, Date, Shift and UGC-NET (Subject) Exam: As indicated on Admit Card
Fee Payable by Candidates
- General - Rs.800/-
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)-(NCL) - Rs.400/-
- SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender - Rs.200/-
- GST/Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable
UGC NET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- The complete eligibility criteria for JRF and Assistant professor programmes is given below:
- Not more than 30 years as on 01st December 2019. A relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on Website www.ncbc.nic.in) SC/ST/PwD/Transgender categories and to women applicants.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority.
- Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing LLM Degree.
- A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces upto the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
For Assistant Professor
- There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor.
- The candidates applying for UGC NET December 2019 should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
- The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/SC/ST/persons with disability (PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent exam are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) exam and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying exams have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent exam with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non Creamy layer/SC/ST/PwD category candidates)
- Such candidates must complete their Masters degree or equivalent exam within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified
- Candidates belonging to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/OBC–NCL categories in the corresponding subject
- he PhD degree holders whose Master’s level exam have been completed by19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. From 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post-Graduation only. The candidates, whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of NET subjects attached as Annexure-III, may appear in a related subject
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute OR foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in).
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
(i) NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption f r o m NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
(ii) The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR/ JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
(iii) For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st December 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
For SET held from 1st December 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Scheme and Schedule
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 02nd Dec to 06th Dec 2019 in two separate sessions as under:
- First (Paper-I): 100 Marks (50 out of which 50 questions all are compulsory) [Duration: 1 Hours (09.30 AM to 10.30 AM, IST)]
- Second (Paper-II): 200 Marks (100 questions all are compulsory) [Duration: 2 Hours (11.00 AM to 01.00 PM, IST)]
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper-III (including all electives, without options).
- Candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I & Paper-II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
- Detailed instructions for filling up the OMR sheet are given on page 16 and 17. It may be noted that these instructions to candidates will not be sent to any of the candidate by post.
Duration of Examination 180 minutes (03 hours)
No break between Paper 1 & Paper 2
Timing of Exam
First Shift: 09.30 am to 12.30 pm
UGC NET 2019 Subject & Syllabus of Test
- All questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus of earlier Paper - II & Paper-III (including all electives, without options) The UGC-NET December 2019 will be based on new Syllabi available on the website: www.ugcnetonline.in. The list of NET subjects along with their respective codes is as given below: (01) Economics; (02) Political Science; (03) Philosophy; (04) Psychology; (05 Sociology; (06 History; (07) Anthropology; (08) Commerce; (09 Education; (10) Social Work; (11) Defence and Strategic Studies; (12) Home Science; (14) Public Administration; (15) Population Studies*; (16) Hindustani Music (Vocal/Instrumental); (17) Management; (18) Maithili; (19) Bengali; (20) Hindi; (21) Kannada; (22) Malayalam; (23) Odia; (24) Punjabi; (25) Sanskrit; (26) Tamil; (27) Telugu; (28) Urdu; (29) Arabic; (30) English; (31) Linguistics; (32) Chinese; (33) Dogri; (34) Nepali; ; (35) Manipuri; (36) Assamese; (37) Gujarati; (38) Marathi; (39) French; (40) Spanish; (41) Russian; (42) Persian; (43) Rajasthani; (44) German; (45) Japanese; (46) Adult Education/Continuing Education/Andragogy/Non Formal Education; (47) Physical Education; (49) Arab Culture and Islamic Studies; (50) Indian Culture; (55) Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management; (58) Law; (59) Library and Information Science; (60) Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies; (62) Comparative Study of Religions; (63) Mass Communication and Journalism; (65) Dance; (66) Museology & Conservation; (67) Archaeology; (68) Criminology; (70) Tribal and Regional Language/Literature; (71) Folk Literature; (72) Comparative Literature; (73) Sanskrit Traditional Subjects (including Jyotisha/SidhantaJyotisha/NavyaVyakarna/ yakarna/Mimamsa/Navya Nyaya/Sankhya Yoga/Tulanatmaka Darsana / Shukla Yajurveda/Madhva Vedanta/ Dharma Sastra/ Sahitya/Purana-itihasa/Agama/Advaita Vedanta); (74) Women Studies ; (79) Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture/Graphics/Applies Art/History of Art); (80) Geography; (81) Social Medicine & Community Health; (82) Forensic Science; (83) Pali; (84) Kashmiri; (85) Konkani; (87) Computer Science and Applications; (88) Electronic Science; (89) Environmental Sciences; (90) International and Area Studies; (91) Prakrit; (92) Human Rights and Duties; (93) Tourism Administration and Management; (94) Bodo; (95) Santali; (96) Karnatik Music (Vocal Instrument, Percussion); (97) Rabindra Sangeet; (98) Percussion Instruments; (99) Drama/ Theatre; (100) Yoga.
UGC NET Admit Card 2019
The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility conditions.
The candidate has to download the Admit Card from the NTA website w.e.f 09th November 2019 onwards and appear for the Exam at the given Centre on Date and Shift (Timing) as indicated in their Admit Card.
In case candidates are unable to download Admit Cards from the website, the candidate should approach the Help Line between 10.00 am to 05.00 pm from 09th November 2019 to 16th November 2019.
UGC NET 2019 December Application Form
Candidates can apply for UGC-NET December 2019 in “Online” mode only. Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing NTA website www.ntanet.nic.in. The Application in any other mode will not be accepted.
Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate
Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
Candidates must ensure that E-mail Address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all information/communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the given e-mail address or SMS on given Mobile Number only.
Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility
Follow the Steps given below to Apply Online
Step-1: Apply for Online Registration using unique Email Id and Mobile No.
Step-2: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No.
Step-3: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (file size: 10 kb - 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (file size: 4kb - 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step-4: Pay fee using SBI/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI and keep proof of fee paid. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled, and amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account.However, the candidate has to make another transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
Download, save and print copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee and keep copies safely for future reference.
All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times.
Candidates are advised to visit the NTA website and check their e-mails/SMS regularly for latest updates. Candidate shall appear at their own cost at the Exam Centre on Date and Shift indicated on their Admit Card issued by the NTA.
Any request to change the Examination Centre, Date, Shift and NET Subject provided on the Admit Card shall not be considered under any circumstances.
Fee Payable by Candidates
a) General/Unreserved Rs.1000/-
b) Gen-EWS*/ OBC-NCL** - Rs.500/-
c) SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender - Rs.250/-
Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable
Candidates need to apply for UGC NET in online mode only and there is no need of sending the hard copy of the application form to the concerned authority. However, the candidates must keep a copy of the UGC NET application form 2019 with them in case of future use.