UGC NET 2022 Notification – Application Form, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Admit Card
UGC NET 2022 Notification – National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC) has released the notification for the National Eligibility Test (NET) 2022 June Examination. The examination is scheduled to be conducted in the month of June 2022 for the posts of Junior Research Fellowship or eligibility for Assistant Professor or both at Indian University.
The National Testing Agency (NTA), with the concurrence of UGC, has merged both UGC-NET of December 2021 and June 2022 cycles to be conducted together in CBT mode.
The application should be submitted through online mode. Interested candidates can check the complete information about UGC NET 2022 June application form, registration process, exam pattern, dates and more from the page below.
UGC NET 2022 June Dates
- UGC NET 2022 Notification: April 30, 2022 (Released)
- Registrations begin: April 30, 2022.
- UGC NET Last date to apply:
May 20, 2022 till 5 pmtill May 30, 2022 (up to 5 PM)
- Last date to submit June exam fee:
May 20, 2022 till 11:55 pmtill May 30, 2022 (up to 11:50 P.M)
- UGC NET 2022 Editing of applications:
May 21 to 23, 2022May 31, 2022 to June 1, 2022 (up to 09:00 P.M.)
- UGC NET Exam Date: July 8, 9, 11, 12 and August 12, 13 and 14, 2022
- Admit Card Release Date: To be announced later
- Exam’s First shift: 9 am to 12 noon
- Second Shift: 3 pm to 6 pm
- Total Subjects: 82 subjects this time
UGC NET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit and Relaxation
- Not more than 31 years as on the 1st day of the month in which the examination is concluded i.e. 01.06.2022 (This age limit is applicable for the current examination only).
- Relaxation of 5 years is provided in the upper age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category.
- Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates with L.L.M. degree. A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces upto the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held.
- Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
For Assistant Professor
- There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor
- Candidates applying for UGC NET June 2022 should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, etc. are eligible for this Test
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/SC/ST/Persons with disability (PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent exam are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) exam and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying exams have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent exam with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non-Creamy layer/SC/ST/PwD category candidates)
- Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent exam within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- Candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
- SET held from 01st June 2003 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
How to apply for UGC NET 2022 June Exam – Application Process
- Candidates can apply for UGC-NET June 2022 in “Online” mode only.
- Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing the NTA website www.ntanet.nic.in & https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. multiple Application Forms submitted by a candidate will not be accepted.
- Candidates must read carefully the Instructions (including how to fill up the Application Form online) given in the Information Bulletin available on the NTA Website
Follow the steps given below to Apply Online:
- Step-1 – Register for Online Registration using your own Email ID and Mobile No. and note down system generated Application Number.
- Step-2 – Complete the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application Number.
- Step-3 – Upload legible scanned images of: (i) a recent photograph (in jpg/ jpeg file, size 10Kb – 200Kb) either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background; (ii) candidate’s signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb);
- Step-4 – Pay fee using the Payment Gateway(s)/Payment Modes of concerned Banks/Paytm integrated to the Online Application and keep proof of fee paid.
- All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate timings.
- For General/Unreserved Candidates – Rs. 1100/-
- For Gen-EWS / OBC-NCL Candidates – Rs. 550/-
- For SC/ST/ PwD Candidates – Rs. 275/-
- Mode of Payment – Online (through Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking & Paytm Payment Modes
UGC NET 2022 Admit Card
- Candidate has to download the Admit Card from the NTA website and appear for the Exam at the given Centre on date, shift, time and discipline as indicated in his/her Admit Card
- In case a candidate is unable to download Admit Card from the website, he/she may approach the Help Line of NTA between 09:30 am to 5:30 pm or write to NTA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of objective type, multiple choice questions. There will be no break between papers.
- Mode of Exam: Computer Based Test (CBT) mode
- Timing of Exam: First Shift: 09.00 am to 12.00 pm: Second Shift: 03.00 pm to 06.00 pm
- Question Paper Language: English & Hindi only
- Duration of Exam: 03 hours (180 minutes) without any break
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- No. of Questions: Paper I – 150 questions: Paper II – 100 questions
- Total Marks: Paper I – 100 Marks: Paper II – 200 Marks
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 02 (two) marks. For each correct response, the candidate will get 02 (two) marks.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for incorrect response.
UGC NET 2022 Subject & Syllabus of Test
- Paper I – The questions in Paper I intend to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate
- Paper II – This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge
For more detail and to apply online visit the official website
- Latest Entrance Exam Notification and Dates 2022
- Medical Entrance Exam 2022
- Engineering Entrance Exam 2022
- MBA Entrance Exams 2022