UGC NET 2018 December Dates, Eligibility, Application form
National Testing Agency (NTA) Conducting UGC NET 2018 in December 2018 - See UGC NET Dates, Eligibility, application
UGC NET 2018 Overview
- Exam Name: UGC NET 2018 ( NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST)
- Conducted by: CBSE (Role of CBSE is only upto the conduct of NET Examination and declaration of result)
- E-certificates of Qualified Candidates issued by: UGC-NET Bureau
- UGC NET 2018 December will be conducted by CBSE on 02nd December, 2018 and 16th December 2018
- UGC-NET Notification available from 1st September 2018 and online application form submission starts from 30th September, 2018
UGC NET December 2018 - UGC NET 2018 will be conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) on behalf of the University Grants Commission in December 2018
The UGC NET 2018 will be conducted in online mode from 02nd December to 16th December 2018. Interested candidates can read this notification for more information associated with the UGC NET 2018 regarding its application form, registration process, exam pattern, important dates etc. are given below.
UGC NET 2018 December Exam is conducted for the posts of Junior Research Fellowship or eligibility for Assistant Professor or both in Indian University.
Important Dates for UGC NET 2018 Exam December
In order to allow adequate time for preparing for the exams, the tentative schedule for exams is being declared well in advance:
- Issue of Notification: 07th July 2018
- Online Application Form Starts: 01st September 2018
- Online Submission of Application Form: 30th September 2018
- Date of Exam: 02nd December 2018 to 16th December 2018 (two shifts per day on Saturdays & Sundays)
- Availability of Admit Card: 01st Week of November 2018
- Declaration of Results: Last week of January 2019
UGC NET December 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The complete eligibility criteria for JRF and Assistant professor programmes is given below:
- Age Limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years as on 01st December 2018
- For OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category candidates, 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided.
- Candidates possessing M. degree will be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.
- Relaxation will also be given to the candidates having research experience.
- No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- The candidates applying for UGC NET Dec. 2018 should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates)
- The appearing candidates of final year are also eligible to apply for the examination (provided they have to qualify the examination before awarding the post). These candidates must have qualified their Master’s degree within 2 years from the date of NET results
- Those candidates will get 5% relaxation in aggregate marks whose master’s degree was completed by 19th September 1991
- The candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Master’s only. The candidates whose post-graduate subjects are not listed in the prescribed list can appear in the related subjects.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent from a university recognized by UGC at with least 55% marks in aggregate is required (50% marks for reserved categories).
- Appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply. Candidates can also apply and there is a 5% of relaxation in aggregate marks.
- Such candidates should have the Master’s degree examination which should be completed by 19th September 1991
For Assistant Professor:
- No upper age limit prescribed for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor. The students must hold PG degree or its equivalent with the minimum score of least 55% from a recognized university/institution.
- The students who have already qualified OR will qualify Post graduate degree OR whose results are just as awaited, OR the examination has been postponed (only in case) will be eligible to apply for UGC NET Dec. 2018
- The PhD holder students who have done his/her PG degree prior September 19, 1991 were suitable to get 5% relaxation in the aggregate marks
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant professor)
- NET/SET/SLET will be the minimum eligibility criteria for the Assistant Professors.
- Candidates those passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are exempted to appear in the exam.
- Those qualified the SET (held prior to 1st June 2002) are exempted from appearing in NET. Such candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Those cleared the SET (1st June 2002 onwards) are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
Scheme and Exam Schedule
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 02nd December 2018 and 16th December 2018 in two separate sessions as under:
- First (Paper-I): 100 Marks (50 out of which 50 questions all are compulsory) [Duration: 1 Hours (09.30 AM to 10.30 AM, IST)]
- Second (Paper-II): 200 Marks (100 questions all are compulsory) [Duration: 2 Hours (11.00 AM to 01.00 PM, IST)]
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper-III (including all electives, without options).
- Candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I & Paper-II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
- Detailed instructions for filling up the OMR sheet are given on page 16 and 17. It may be noted that these instructions to candidates will not be sent to any of the candidate by post.
Subject & Syllabus of Test• All questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus of earlier Paper - II & Paper-III (including all electives, without options) Syllabi for all NET subjects can be downloaded from the UGC website • The list of NET subjects along with their respective codes is as given below: (01) Economics; (02) Political Science; (03) Philosophy; (04) Psychology; (05 Sociology; (06 History; (07) Anthropology; (08) Commerce; (09 Education; (10) Social Work; (11) Defence and Strategic Studies; (12) Home Science; (14) Public Administration; (15) Population Studies*; (16) Hindustani Music (Vocal/Instrumental); (17) Management; (18) Maithili; (19) Bengali; (20) Hindi; (21) Kannada; (22) Malayalam; (23) Odia; (24) Punjabi; (25) Sanskrit; (26) Tamil; (27) Telugu; (28) Urdu; (29) Arabic; (30) English; (31) Linguistics; (32) Chinese; (33) Dogri; (34) Nepali; ; (35) Manipuri; (36) Assamese; (37) Gujarati; (38) Marathi; (39) French; (40) Spanish; (41) Russian; (42) Persian; (43) Rajasthani; (44) German; (45) Japanese; (46) Adult Education/Continuing Education/Andragogy/Non Formal Education; (47) Physical Education; (49) Arab Culture and Islamic Studies; (50) Indian Culture; (55) Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management; (58) Law; (59) Library and Information Science; (60) Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies; (62) Comparative Study of Religions; (63) Mass Communication and Journalism; (65) Dance; (66) Museology & Conservation; (67) Archaeology; (68) Criminology; (70) Tribal and Regional Language/Literature; (71) Folk Literature; (72) Comparative Literature; (73) Sanskrit Traditional Subjects (including Jyotisha/SidhantaJyotisha/NavyaVyakarna/ yakarna/Mimamsa/Navya Nyaya/Sankhya Yoga/TulanatmakaDarsana / Shukla Yajurveda/Madhva Vedanta/ Dharma Sastra/ Sahitya/Purana-itihasa/Agama/Advaita Vedanta); (74) Women Studies ; (79) Visual Art (including Drawing&Painting/Sculpture/Graphics/Applies Art/History of Art); (80) Geography; (81) Social Medicine & Community Health; (82) Forensic Science; (83) Pali; (84) Kashmiri; (85) Konkani; (87) Computer Science and Applications; (88) Electronic Science; (89) Environmental Sciences; (90) International and Area Studies; (91) Prakrit; (92) Human Rights and Duties; (93) Tourism Administration and Management; (94) Bodo; (95) Santali; (96) Karnatik Music (Vocal Instrument, Percussion); (97) Rabindra Sangeet; (98) Percussion Instruments; (99) Drama/ Theatre; (100) Yoga
Admit Card• Candidates will get the admit card after the submission of application form online. Admit card is the necessary documentation required for appearing in the test. It includes details related to the candidate name, roll no, date of birth, examination date & timings, exam centre, photograph & signature etc. • UGC NET Admit Card has to be downloaded from the official site by entering the login credentials • Don’t forget to bring the admit card on the exam date, otherwise, the invigilator will not permit you to enter the examination hall and appear for the exam
UGC Net December 2018 Application Form
- The application form for UGC NET Dec. 018 can be obtained from the official website, http://www.nta.ac.in/Home
- The candidates are supposed to fill the complete and true details in the application form
- The details such as personal information, academic qualification, communication details, etc will be filled in the application. Scanned images of documents in the below-mentioned format must also be uploaded in the online form.
- After submitting all the details in the UGC NET December 2018 application form, the candidates will have to pay application fee.
- The UGC NET December 2018 application fee can be paid by credit card/ debit card or through e-Challan (Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank). The application fee for UGC NET December 2018 is given as:
- For General - Rs. 1000/-
- OBC-NCL - Rs. 500/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender - Rs. 250/-
- Candidates need to apply for UGC NET in online mode only and there is no need of sending the hard copy of the application form to the concerned authority. However, the candidates must keep a copy of the UGC NET application form 2018 with them in case of future use.