NTA UGC Net 2019 Exam Pattern - Major Changes in UGC NET Exam Pattern
NTA UGC NET Exam Pattern 2019: The pattern of the forthcoming edition of the National Eligibility Test (NET) to be held on 02nd December 2018 by the Central Board of Secondary Education on behalf of the University Grant Commission.
NTA UGC NET Exam Pattern 2019 (June Exam)
The Central Board of Secondary Education will be conducting the forthcoming edition, 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th June 2019, of the National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of the University Grants Commission . Check out the exam pattern for the same:
Exam pattern for UGC NET 2019
What's new in 2019 ?
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th June 2019 in two separate sessions as under:
- First (Paper-I): 100 Marks (50 out of which 50 questions all are compulsory) [Duration: 1 Hours (09.30 AM to 10.30 AM, IST)]
- Second (Paper-II): 200 Marks (100 questions all are compulsory) [Duration: 2 Hours (11.00 AM to 01.00 PM, IST)]
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper-III (including all electives, without options).
- Candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I & Paper-II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
- Detailed instructions for filling up the OMR sheet are given on page 16 and 17. It may be noted that these instructions to candidates will not be sent to any of the candidate by post.