NET Exam Eligibility 2019 | UGC NET Eligibility Conditions
NET Exam Eligibility - Check out UGC NET Eligibility for December 2019
- The complete eligibility criteria for JRF and Assistant professor programmes is given below:
- Not more than 30 years as on 01st December 2019. A relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on Website www.ncbc.nic.in) SC/ST/PwD/Transgender categories and to women applicants.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority.
- Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing LLM Degree.
- A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces upto the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
For Assistant Professor
- There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor.
- The candidates applying for UGC NET June 2019 should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
- The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/SC/ST/persons with disability (PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent exam are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) exam and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying exams have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent exam with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non Creamy layer/SC/ST/PwD category candidates)
- Such candidates must complete their Masters degree or equivalent exam within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified
- Candidates belonging to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/OBC–NCL categories in the corresponding subject
- he PhD degree holders whose Master’s level exam have been completed by19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. From 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post-Graduation only. The candidates, whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of NET subjects attached as Annexure-III, may appear in a related subject
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute OR foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in).
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET)accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
- For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
- UGC Net Exam Pattern 2019 | UGC Net Paper Pattern 2019
- Latest UGC NET news and Updates 2019
- UGC NET 2019 December Notification
- UGC Net JRF Exam 2019 Details
- UGC NET Results Formula - What is the procedure ?