ICMR Exam for Junior Research Fellowship 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
ICMR announces Exam for the award of Junior Research Fellowship 2019
ICMR JRF 2019 Notification - The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in collaboration with Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh will hold a National Level Exam for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), for Indian National candidates at Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Srinagar (J&K) and Varanasi on Sunday, 21st July 2019.
ICMR New Delhi
- The ICMR is the apex body for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, in India. ICMR is one of the largest organizations for medical research in the world The ICMR is funded by the Govt. of India through the Dept. of Health Research, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Important Dates for ICMR JRF 2019
- Last Date for filling of online Application: 23rd April 2019
- Late Date of fee deposit in State Bank of India: 27th May 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination: 21st July 2019 (Sunday)
Eligibility Criteria for ICMR JRF 2019
- M.Sc./M.A. or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks for General/OBC candidates and 50% for the SC/ST & Physically Handicapped candidates in the subjects mentioned under the head method of selection.
- The age limit for admission to the eligibility test is 28 years as on 30th September 2019 (upper age limit relaxable up to five years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, Physically Handicapped (PH) and female candidates, three years in the case of OBC category
See: Latest Entrance Exam
- A total of 150 Fellowships would be awarded
- 120 Fellowships would be awarded for work in the field of Biomedical Sciences with emphasis on Life Sciences (Microbiology, Physiology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Human Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Immunology, Pharmacology, Zoology, Botany, Environmental Sciences and Veterinary Sciences etc)
- For other information, applicants may available at both PGIMER website https://pgimer.edu.in and ICMR New Delhi website www.icmr.nic.in
ICMR JRF 2019 Selection Process
- The test will consist of one paper of two hours duration
- The paper will consist of two Sections
- The Aptitude Section (Section A) will have 50 questions on
- scientific phenomenon in everyday life;
- general knowledge in sciences; and
- common statistics
- All these questions would be compulsory with each question carrying 1 mark
- The subject Specific Section (Section B & C) would pertain to (B) Life Sciences and (C) Social Sciences
- The candidate may attempt questions in either of the two areas. Each area of section B & C would have 100 questions and the candidate may attempt any 75 questions in the predesigned area of Section B or C. if, a candidate attempts more than 75 questions, then first 75 attempted questions will only be considered for evaluation
- Candidates are required to indicate the option for Section B or C in the application form too.
- Each question carries one mark. Negative marking @ 0.25 will be made for each of the wrong answer
- The questions in both the Sections would appear in English only.
- The qualifying marks will be 55% obtained in both the Sections (A+B or C) for General Category & OBC and 50% for SC/ST and Physically Handicapped.
- The test will be held in the following streams:
- Aptitude test (common for all)
- Life Sciences
- Social Sciences
ICMR JRF 2019 Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply online through PGIMER, Chandigarh website www.pgimer.edu.in or ICMR New Delhi Website icmr.nic.in
- No other means /mode of application (through post, e-mail, fax, deposit of CV etc.) will be accepted
- Firstly ensure that you have a valid personal email ID. In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/her new email ID before applying Online
- You should keep checking the inbox or even the spam box of this email id regularly during the Admission process as PGIMER may send intimations related to admissions etc. through this
- You will be required to submit the following with application. Please keep them ready before you submit the application:
- Photograph (Jpeg format - Max. Size 50Kb)
- Signature (with black pen) (Jpeg format – Max. Size 50Kb)
- Category (SC/ST/OBC/PH) Certificate (If applicable)
- Appearing Certificate from Head of the Institution for those candidates who will be appearing in M.Sc./MA Final Exam of 2019-19
- Scan your Photograph and Signatures (On white page with black ball point) individually and save them individually in 2×1.5” JPEG format
- The size of any of these individual images should not exceed 50 kb each; otherwise you will not be able to submit your online application. Also scan your caste/category (SC/ST/OBC/ PH/VH) Certificate and appearing certificate (if applicable) separately and save them in single page PDF format.
- General and OBC applicants: Rs.1000/-
- SC, ST, and PD applicants: Rs.800/-
- To download Admit Card, candidate can visit PGIMER/ICMR website www.pgimer.edu.in or www.icmr.nic.in and click the same link ‘ICMR-JRF Exam 2019’ which will take you to the same portal where you had filled your online application form
- Click on Login button, to login with your login id and password
- Click on ‘PRINT ADMIT CARD’ to download and print your Admit Card. Intimation about when to download the Admit Card will be sent through email
- Roll Numbers/Admit Cards for appearing in the entrance examination before the date of concerned entrance exam
- Bengaluru Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Srinagar (J&K) and Varanasi.
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
New Delhi, Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Ansari Nagar, Post Box 4911, New Delhi-110029, (Organizing Institute - PGIMER Chandigarh-160012), Website www.icmr.nic.in