Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi announces Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Entrance Exam 2021
ICMR JRF Exam 2021 – The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi in collaboration with Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh will hold a National level online examination for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), for Indian candidates on Sunday, September 12, 2021
Read on for details on ICMR JRF Exam 2021 eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern and more.
ICMR JRF Exam 2021 Important Dates
- Start Date for filling of Online Application Form: 01st July 2021
- Last date for filling of Online Application Form: 31st July 2021
- Date of Entrance Examination: 12th September 2021
Eligibility Criteria for ICMR JRF Exam 2021
- MSc/MA or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks for General/EWS/OBC candidates and 50% for the SC/ST and PwBD candidates in the subjects mentioned above.
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination in the 2020-2021 session can also apply.
- Upper age limit for admission to the eligibility test is 28 years as on 30-09-2021 (relaxable upto five years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, PwBD and female candidates and three years in the case of OBC).
- A total of 150 Fellowships would be awarded.
- Thirty (30) fellowships for the work with an emphasis on Social Sciences like psychology, sociology, home science, statistics anthropology, social work, public health/health economics (agriculture economics will not be considered).
ICMR JRF Exam 2021 Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply online through PGIMER, Chandigarh website www.pgimer.edu.in or ICMR New Delhi Website www.icmr.nic.in
- Candidates may visit the websites w.e.f. 01st July 2021. The last date for filing an online application is 31st July 2021
- Only online application will be accepted, no other mode of submission of application will be accepted.
- For General, EWS & OBC Candidates – Rs.1500/- + Transaction charges as applicable
- For SC, ST Candidates – Rs.1200/- + Transaction charges as applicable
- For PWD Applicants – Nil
- Mode of Payment – Online through Net banking/Credit card/Debit card
ICMR JRF Exam 2021 Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Online mode
- Language of exam: English language
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type
- Test Duration: 2 hours
- Number of Questions: 150 Questions
- Number of Sections: Exam paper consists of 3 sections
- Marking Scheme: One mark is awarded for the correct answer and 0.25 marks are deducted for an incorrect answer
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website