Forest Research Institute (FRI) Dehradun announces admission to Phd Program in Forestry for Session 2023, Apply now
Forest Research Institute Dehradun PhD Admission 2023 – The Forest Research Institute (FRI) Deemed to be University invites applications for Admission to PhD Program in Forestry for the academic year 2023-23 through PhD Entrance Test Nov/December 2023.
The Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University is inviting applications from UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET/GATE/CEED and similar National level tests candidates for enrolment in PhD Programme in Forestry 2023
Candidates can check the details on FRI Dehradun PhD Admission 2023 from the page below and apply in prescribed form latest by 04th August 2023.
Forest Research Institute Dehradun PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program offered
- Chemistry of Forest Products
- Climate Change & Forest Influence
- Conservation Social Science
- Forest Biotechnology
- Forest Bioinformatics
- Forest Botany
- Forest Ecology & Environment
- Forest Entomology
- Forest Genetics
- Forest Geo-informatics
- Forest Hydrology
- Forest Pathology
- Forest Seed Technology
- Non Wood Forest Products
- Plant Physiology
- Forestry Extension
- Date of Issue of Application Form: 05th July 2023
- Last Date for Submission of Form: 04th August 2023
- Date of Exam of Entrance Test: November/December 2023
Eligibility Criteria for FRI Dehradun PhD Admission 2023
- Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree.
- Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, is allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates.
- The candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ teacher fellowship holder will be allowed to appear for the interview directly without appearing in the written entrance test.
- Application Forms are available on the FRI website http://fridu.edu.in/
- The application form is to be submitted/sent to the research centre concerned for which the form is filled. The Nodal Officer of the Research Centre will send the application forms to the FRI Deemed to be University.
- The forms directly sent to FRI Deemed to be University shall not be entertained. Applicants for FRI research centre only may directly submit their forms to the Registrar, FRI Deemed to be University.
- The candidates, who are interested for registration as research scholar for the Ph.D. Degree in Forestry in Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University Dehradun for are advised to apply in prescribed form latest by 06th June 2023 with a fee of Rs.1500/- through Bank Draft in favour of Registrar, FRI Deemed to be University payable at Dehradun. No application form will be entertained after the prescribed date.
- Application Fee :- Rs.1500/-
- Mode of Payment :- Offline through Bank Draft in favour of Registrar, FRI Deemed to be University payable at Dehradun.
- The admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall be through an Entrance Test conducted by the FRI Deemed to be University once in a year preferably during the month of June-July followed by an Interview of the candidates who will qualify the entrance test.
- The Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University is going to conduct its PhD Entrance Test on 17th July, 2023 for enrolment in Ph.D. Programme in Forestry.
- The entrance test would be held either in offline mode at different Research centers of Forest Research Institute deemed to be University or in online mode (Remote Proctored Examination) in which the candidates will appear in the Entrance Test at their home.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website