University of Calcutta announces admission to PhD (Tech) Programme in Applied Chemistry, Ceramic Engineering, Oil Technology and Petrochem. & Petroleum Refinery Engg.
University of Calcutta PhD (Tech) Admission 2022 – University of Calcutta invites applications for admission to PhD (Tech) Program (RET 2022) in Applied Chemistry, Ceramic Engineering, Oil Technology, and Petrochem. & Petroleum Refinery Engg. Programme of the Department of Chemical Technology for the academic year 2022.
University of Calcutta PhD (Tech) Admission 2022
No. of Seats
- Applied Chemistry : 03
- Ceramic Engineering : 02
- Oil Technology : 01
- Petrochem. & Petroleum Refinery Engg. : 02
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 28th September, 2022
- Date of Entrance Test : 18th October, 2022 (12:00 Noon)
- Publication of List of successful Candidates : Display in the Notice Board
- Date of Interview : 20th October, 2022 (2 p.m. onwards)
- For Entrance Test: Departmental Seminar Room (2nd floor, Applied Chemistry Building)
- For Interview : Room of the HOD, Department of Chemical Technology (Ground Floor, Applied Chemistry Building)
- The eligibility of the candidate will be as per UGC rules.
- Candidates having degree in Bachelor of Technology or Master of Science (without NET/SET/SLET/GATE) securing 55% marks (selection through Entrance Test & Interview);
- Candidates having degree in Master of Technology or Equivalent or Master of Science (with NET/SET/SLET/GATE) securing 55% marks (Selection through Interview only).
- All Candidates are requested to download the Application Form from the University website (www.caluniv.ac.in) and submit the filled in Application Form, Attested copy of relevant mark sheets, along with the receipt of deposition of Application Fee of Rs. 100/-, paid through SBI Collect, within the due date and send to the Head, Department of Chemical Technology, University of Calcutta, 92 Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata–700009 (Email: email@example.com).
- No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidate for appearing the Entrance Test or called for the Interview.
Entrance Test Pattern
- The Ph.D. Entrance test will be of 50 marks (duration 1 hr.) consisting of both Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and short questions.
- The Syllabus for the Entrance Test and subsequent list of the successful candidates will be available in the Departmental Notice Board (near the room of the HOD, Ground floor, Applied Chemistry Building).
- The successful candidates will have to appear for an interview for final selection.
- Declaration of names of selected candidates to be notified later (Subject to approval by the Honorable Vice Chancellor)
For more details and to apply please visit the official website