University of Calcutta announces Entrance Test for Admission to PhD Program in Pure Mathematics 2021
Calcutta University PhD in Pure Mathematics Admission 2021 – University of Calcutta, Kolkata, invites applications for admission to PhD Program in Pure Mathematics for the academic year 2021-22 through an Entrance Test scheduled to be conducted on June 28, 2021.
Application for the same can be submitted online till June 20, 2021. Read further for more details on Calcutta University PhD in Pure Mathematics Admission 2021
Area of Research
- Functional Analysis
- Harmonic Analysis
- Graph Theory
- Differential Geometry
Duration and Seat
- Duration : The duration of the course is 01 year
- Intake Seats : Maximum Number of seats available for the PhD Program – 10 (Ten)
Calcutta University PhD in Pure Mathematics Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Application Process :- Ongoing
- Last date of submission of Online forms :- 20th June 2021
- Date of Online Test for Ph.D. Entrance Exam :- 28th June 2021
- Publication of list of candidates qualified in online written test :- 30th June 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University PhD in Pure Mathematics Admission 2021
- Candidates should have completed a Master’s degree in relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university.
- Those who are waiting for Final Semester results can only apply.
Calcutta University PhD in Pure Mathematics Admission 2021 Application Process
- Applications are invited for admission to the PhD in Pure Mathematics, C.U. Candidates desirous of enrolling in the said PhD Program are to apply in the prescribed form www.caluniv.ac.in
- Candidates can apply in the prescribed form using gmail id. Candidates are advised to use their own mobile no and email Id for applying.
- A copy of the filled in application form must be kept for future use.
- Application Fee :- Rs. 100/-
- Mode of payment :- Online through SBI Collect.
- The selection will be based on the:
- Entrance Examination
- Candidates who have cleared UGC / CSIR(JRF) / NET / SET / SLET / valid GATE / Teacher Fellowship / Inspire Fellowship or have passed equivalent exams or passed the M.Phil exam shall not be required to take the online PhD entrance test but have to appear for interview.
- Syllabus for the Entrance Exam are Topics covered in B.Sc.(Hons.) and M.Sc. courses in Pure Mathematics (excluding topics covered in elective papers).
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website