University of Calcutta announces Admission to PhD Program in Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics through Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2019
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019 – University of Calcutta (Kolkata) invites applications for admission to the PhD Program in the Department of Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics through Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2019.
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of submission of forms: 22nd November 2019.
- List of candidates eligible for the written test to be displayed on the departmental notice board on 27th November 2019
- Date of Written Test: 28th November, 2019, Time: 12.00 hrs.
- Venue: Department of Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics.
- List of candidates eligible (from the written test) for the interview to be displayed on: 28th November 2019, 16:30 hrs.
- Date of Interview: 29th November, 2019 (from 12:00 hrs.)
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates with at least 55% marks in M.Sc level or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) from any UGC recognized university are eligible to appear at the examination.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories as per UGC norm need to have at least 50% marks in M.Sc level to appear at the examination.
- Those who have qualified in UGC/CSIR (JRF)/NET/SET/SLET/GATE/Teacher Eligibility or equivalent examinations or have already obtained M.Phil degree would be exempted from the written examination but must appear for an interview on the scheduled date.
- The selection of the candidates will be based admission test and interview. Candidates must clearly indicate the program in which they want to apply at the time of interview.
- The eligible candidates will have to appear in a written MCQ-type examination of 1 hour duration to be held in this department on 28th November, 2019 at 12.00 hrs.
- The successful candidates will be called for an interview on 29th November, 2019.
- The final selection and allocation of supervisor will be on the basis of this interview. Candidates must clearly indicate the program in which they want to apply at the time of interview.
Syllabus for the Test
- The questions for the admission test and interview will be based on topics in the following areas: Mathematical methods, Molecular and Cellular Biophysics, Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Plant Biology, Developmental biology, Neurobiology, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics.
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applications are invited for admission to Ph. D Program in the Department of Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics, University of Calcutta in the prescribed proforma downloadable from the University of Calcutta website www.caluniv.ac.in
- Filled in applications together with self-attested testimonials are to be sent to The Head, Department of Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics, University of Calcutta, 92 Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata 700009, after paying Rs. 100/- in cash (through a Challan) at the cash counter at Rashbehari Shiksha Prangan (Rajabazar Science College), 92 A. P. C. Road, Kolkata 700 009. The Challan must be endorsed by the Head, Dept. of Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics before submission of fee.
- Outstation candidates may send the filled in application form together with self-attested testimonials and a demand draft of Rs.100 in favour of ‘University of Calcutta’ payable at Kolkata.
University of Calcutta
University of Calcutta, Kolkata, Department of Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics, 92, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata-700019, Website www.caluniv.ac.in