Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019 – University of Calcutta (Kolkata) invites the applications for admission to PhD Program in the Department of Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics through Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2019
Maximum No. of Intake
- Upto 13 (if found suitable, including reservation)
See: Phd Admissions
Important Dates for Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Forms: 10th April 2019
- List of candidates eligible for the written test to be displayed on: To be announced
- Date of Written Test: To be announced
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates with at least 55% marks in M.Sc. level from any UGC recognized university are eligible to take the examination.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently abled and other categories as per the UGC norm need to have at 50% to sit in the examination
- Those who have qualified in UGC/CSIR (JRF)/NET/SET/SLET or already obtained M. Phil degree would be exempted from the written examination
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
Selection Process for Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019
- The selection of the candidates will be based admission test and interview. Candidates must clearly indicate the program in which they want to apply at the time of interview
Syllabus for the Test
- The questions for the admission test and interview will be based on topics in the following areas: Mathematical methods, Molecular and Cellular Biophysics, Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Plant Biology, Developmental biology, Neurobiology, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics.
- Scale of reservation will be 22% for Scheduled Caste, 6% for Scheduled Tribe, 10% for O.B.C (A) and 7% for O.B.C (B)
Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019 Application Form
- Candidates are requested to download the Ph.D. admission test application form from the University Website www.caluniv.ac.in and apply in the prescribed proforma by paying Rs.100/- through a challan available through different University Cash counters
- The challan is to be duly forwarded through the Head, Department of Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics, University of Calcutta. The completed application form with a copy of the paid challan is to be submitted to the office of the Department by 10th April 2019
- Attested copies of all supporting documents must be submitted at the time of application and the original must be produced at the time of interview.
University of Calcutta
University of Calcutta, Kolkata, Department of Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics, 92, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata-700019, Website www.caluniv.ac.in