Suresh Gyan Vihar University (SGVU) announces PhD Admission for July 2023 Session, Apply now
SGVU PhD Admission 2023 – Suresh Gyan Vihar University (SGVU), Jaipur invites admissions to Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Program in various disciplines for the Academic 2023 July Session.
Suresh Gyan Vihar University PhD Admission July 2023 Batch
Area Of PhD
- Computer Engineering
- Physical Education
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Life Sciences (Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Sustainable Development
- Disaster management
- Cloud Computing and security
- Date of Application Form available (online): 01st April, 2023 (Saturday)
- Last date of Application Form: 1st July, 2023 (Saturday)
- Last date of fee submission of Entrance Exam.: 3rd July, 2023 (Monday)
- Date of issuance of Admit card: 6th July, 2023 (Thursday)
- Date of Entrance Exam: 8th July, 2023 (Saturday) (10:00 AM – 1.00 Noon)
- Date of Document verification and Interview: 11th to 14th July 2023
- Result Declaration: 22thJuly. 2023
- Issuance of Provisional offer letter: 28thJuly. 2023
- Course work classes started: 04thSeptember 2023
Eligibility Criteria for SGVU PhD Admission 2023
- Candidates seeking admission in PhD Program should have minimum 60% marks or equivalent in the respective post-graduation. Admission will be confirmed only on clearance of Ph.D. Entrance Test and subsequent interview.
- The admission will be subject to initial being available in the pertinent specializations. The candidates who qualify ICAR (JRF/ SRF) UGC (NET/ JRF)/ CSIR (NET/ JRF)/ examination/ SLET / GATE or GPAT score card/ ICAR (NET), SPM, Teacher research fellows will be exempted from entrance test.
- Eligible candidates can apply online through official website https://www.gyanvihar.org/
Steps to Follow:
- Step 1: Procurement of Online Application Form for Admission Direct / Ph.D Entrance test (Rs.850/- Registration, Rs. 2000/- Entrance Examination fee.
- Online Application Form should be duly filled in & submitted with all the desired scanned documents uploaded (only Original copy should be scanned), no hard copy required
- Step 2: Ph.D Entrance Test on ————— . Admit card shall be emailed.
- Step 3: Declaration of Result of Ph.D Entrance Test on the University Website www.gyanvihar.org
- Step 4: Date of personal Interview, Fee deposition of qualified applicants of Ph.D. Entrance Test or those who are eligible for direct admission/personal interview, the schedule for these will be notified through email and will be uploaded on the University website. Scrutiny of Forms and removal of deficiencies. Deposition of requisite documents & subsequent verification (originals + 2 photocopies each). Consent letter from the registered guide (Suresh Gyan Vihar University)
- Step 5: Synopsis submission after one month from the confirmation of admission
- Step 6: DRC and Course work examination: Date Shall be intimated through Mail
- Application Fee : Rs.2000/-
- Mode of Payment : Through online mode
- Applications for the Ph.D. Programs are invited in advance and will be made on the basis of entrance tests and interviews.
- The final selection will be based on the performance in Entrance Test (70% weightage) and Interview (30% weightage) subject to scoring requirement amount of marks in the Interview.
Pattern of Exam
- PATTERN OF PAPER One paper containing 50% questions on Research Methodology and 50% questions related to subject specific.
- Total Marks of Entrance Test and Interview = 100
- Part A – Research Methodology- Marks 35, Mode- Subjective (5 questions out of 7, each of 7 marks) Duration 1.5 hr
- Part B – Subject Specific – Marks 35, Mode Subjective (5 questions out of 7, each of 7 marks) Duration 1.5 hr
- Part C – Interview – Marks 30
Syllabus – Research Methodology
- Introduction to Research Methodology: Meaning of Research, Objectives of Research, Motivations in Research, Types of Research, Research Approaches, Significance of Research, Research Methods v/s Methodology, Research and Scientific Methods, Research Process, Criteria of Good Research
- Defining the Research Problem: What is Research Problem?, Selecting the Problem, Necessity of and Techniques in defining the problem
- Sample Design: Implication, Steps. Criteria for selecting a sample procedure, Characteristics of Good sampling Procedure, Types of Sample Design, Selecting Random Samples, Complex random sampling Design
- Methods of Data Collection: Collection of Primary Data, Observation Method, Interview method, Collection of Data through questionnaire and Schedules, Other methods. Collection of Secondary Data, Selection of an appropriate method for data collection, Case Study Method, Guidelines for developing a questionnaire, successful interviewing. Survey v/s experiment
- Processing and Analysis of Data: Measures of Central Tendency, Dispersion, correlation and Regression, Chi-square test: Applications, Steps, characteristics, limitations, Analysis of Variance and Co-variance
- Testing of Hypothesis: Meaning, Basic concepts, a Flow diagram, Power of a hypothesis test, Important parametric tests, Hypothesis Testing of Means, hypothesis testing of Correlation coefficients, Limitations of Tests of the hypothesis.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website