Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University announces Admission to PhD Program 2023 through Entrance Test, Apply now
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University PhD Admission 2023 – Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University (formerly Nagpur University) Nagpur, Maharashtra invites online application for admission to PhD program offered by various faculties of the university for the academic session 2023-24 through Entrance Test (PET). Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University is one of India’s oldest universities, as well as the second oldest in Maharashtra. Check complete details on RTMNU PhD Admission 2023 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application process and more
- Faculty of Science & Technology – Architecture; Biochemistry; Biotechnology; Botany; Chemical Engineering; Chemical Technology; Chemistry; Civil Engineering; Computer Science; Computer Engineering; Computer Science & Engineering; Information Technology; Computer Technology; Computer Science and Technology; Cosmetic Technology; Electrical Engineering; Electronics; Electronics Engineering; Environmental Science; Extension Education; Food and Nutrition; Geology; Hotel Management and Catering Technology; Human Development; Mathematics; Mechanical Engineering; Microbiology; Pharmaceutical Science; Physics; Statistics; Textile and Clothing; Zoology
- Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies – Education; Library & Information Science; Mass Communication; Physical Education; Law
- Faculty of Humanities – Ancient Indian History, Culture, and Archaeology; Arabic; Buddhist Studies; Dr. Ambedkar Thought; Economics; English; Gandhian Thought; Geography; Hindi; History; Linguistics; Marathi; Pali and Prakrit; Persian; Philosophy; Political Science; Psychology; Public Administration; Sanskrit; Sociology; Urdu; Music; Social Work; Home Economics; Fine Arts
- Faculty of Commerce & Management – Business Administration and Business Management; Accounts and Statistics; Business Economics; Commerce
- Release of notification & advertisement: 10th Sept. 2023
- Commencement of Online Application Form: 11th Sept. 2023
- Last date of Online Application form: 21th Sept. 2023
- Last date of submission of hard copy of application form along with relevant documents by Post/courier/by hand: 24th Sept. 2023
- Scrutiny of Application form and relevant documents: 25th Sept. 2023 to 27th Sept. 2023
- Display of Admit Card for PET candidate’s login: 28th Sept. 2023
- Online PET Examination: From 06th to 07th Oct. 2023
- Probable date of Online Display of result of PET: 17th Oct. 2023
- Candidates who have completed 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3- year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed.
- Candidates have to apply online on the link available at university website https://nagpur.university/
- Read the instructions given there carefully before filling the application form.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of entrance test (PET) & interview
- In order to be successful in the PET exam an examinee shall score minimum 40% marks in a section and minimum 50% marks in aggregate
- A relaxation of 5% of marks (from minimum aggregate 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non creamy layer)/Differently abled category.
Exemption from Entrance Test
- Candidates who have qualified the UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/GPAT/DST-Inspire/SET/teacher fellowship of state/ central Govt. apex bodies holder or have passed M.Phil. Program in the concerned subject from any Statutory University
- Foreign INRI candidates who have obtained master’s degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA (6.0) and passed PET exam conducted by the University
- Candidates already possessing Ph.D. degree in any discipline from any statutory University shall also be exempted from PET.
- The examination shall have maximum 100 marks and be divided in two sections viz. Section A – Research Methodology and General Aptitude and Section B-Subject Aptitude.
- Each section shall have maximum 50 marks and the test shall have MCQs only carrying 1 mark each.
- The maximum duration of the exam for each section shall be 90 minutes.
- The examination for two sections shall be held on the same day with a time gap of minimum 1 Hour between two examinations and the date and time of examination shall be intimated well in advance.
- The examination shall be conducted in three languages viz. English, Hindi and Marathi
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website