LPU University PhD Entrance Exam 2019 Spring Term Session
LPU University PhD Entrance Exam 2019 – Lovely Professional University (LPU), Jalandhar-Delhi G.T. Road (NH-1), Phagwara, invites applications for admission to PhD admissions for both Full Time and Part Time (Spring Term 2019) Programs for the session 2019 through an entrance test.
See: PHD Admission 2019
LPU University PhD Entrance Test 2019
- PhD Programs Offered at LPU University (LPU Courses up for PhD Admissions)
- Admission to the PhD Programs will be made through LPUNEST (National Entrance and Scholarship Test) and Interview. LPUNEST for PhD Courses 2019 is applicable to the following programs:
- For PhD Admission (Full Time) in Electronics & Communication Engg; Computer Science Engg; Mechanical Engg; Computer Applications; Vegetable Science; Horticulture; Soil Science; Plant Breeding & Genetics; Agronomy; Botany; Zoology; Chemistry; Physics; Environmental Sciences; Biotechnology; Biochemistry; Nutrition & Dietetics; Microbiology; Mathematics; Management; Commerce; Economics; Journalism and Mass Communication; Performing Arts; Psychology; History; Sociology; English; Pharmaceutics; Pharmaceutical Chemistry; Pharmacognosy; Pharmacology; Ayurvedic Pharmacy; Education; Physical Education
- For PhD Admissions (Part Time) in Electronics & Communication Engg; CSE; Mechanical Engg; Computer Applications; Horticulture; Vegetable Science; Plant Breeding & Genetics; Soil Science; Agronomy; Nutrition & Dietetics; Biotechnology; Microbiology; Biochemistry; Environmental Sciences; Botany; Zoology; Chemistry; Physics; Mathematics; Management; Commerce; Economics; Journalism and Mass Communication; Performing Arts; Psychology; History; Sociology; English; Pharmaceutics; Pharmaceutical Chemistry; Pharmacognosy; Pharmacology; Ayurvedic Pharmacy; Education; Physical Education
- Online Registration starts on 2nd week of September 2019
- Last date of Registration: 20th November 2019
- Dates of Entrance Test: 22nd November and 24th November 2019
- Result of LPUNEST (Ph.D.): 04th December 2019
- Interview Slot Booking : 04th December – 10th December 2019
- Interview schedule: 12th December – 19th December 2019
- Result of Interview: 03rd January 2020
- Last Date of Admission: 10th January 2020
Eligibility Criteria (Qualifying Exam)
- Master’s degree in the relevant discipline with 55% marks in aggregate
- Other conditions, as prescribed in the Guidelines for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programs are in Prospectus 2019
- 5% relaxation to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / differently-abled candidates
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
- An applicant will be shortlisted for interview on the basis of his/ her score in the entrance examination. The final selection for admission in PhD will be based on the performance in the Interview subject to scoring minimum marks
Exemption from Entrance Test
- Applicants who have qualified UGC (NET /JRF) / CSIR (NET / JRF) / SLET / GATE / GPAT / ICAR / teacher Fellowship or passed M. Phil Program are exempted from PhD Entrance Test
- IMP: Exemption is for LPUNEST only, but the applicant will have to appear for Interview. The applicants are required to bring the original documents against which exemption is sought at the time of interview
Fee & Scholarship
- PhD Program – 60,000/- Per Semester
- Scholarship for PhD Courses at LPU University
- Lovely Professional University strongly believes in the fact that monetary constraints should not be an obstacle for a student to have access to quality education.
- So the University offers India’s largest Private Scholarship Scheme. The objective of the scheme is to realize the vast talents that may be hidden due to financial constraints. Under this scheme, students have been awarded with scholarship worth Rs.100+ crores in last year only.
- For more details related to Scholarship, Click here
- Guidelines for filling the Application Form
- Application form will be in a format that can be processed by Optical Mark Reader (OMR).
- Cost of LPUNEST Kit (Application Form) is Rs.500/- (for Boys) and Rs.250/- (for Girls). Application fee once paid will not be refunded
- Application forms can be obtained and submitted using one of the following methods
- After Purchasing Prospectus 2019; applicant may obtain Prospectus 2019 from University Campus/Camp Offices or any other prescribed place by paying cash or providing Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Lovely Professional University” payable at Jalandhar
- Once the applicant has obtained the Prospectus 2019, he/she can submit the form by one of the following methods:
- Fill the full application form (OMR sheet) after reading all the instructions as specified under the head “Instructions for filling Application Form (OMR sheet)” and sent it to the university in the self-addressed envelope.
- Or by Registered Post/Courier in good quality envelope to the below address:
Division of Admissions
- Lovely Professional University
- Jalandhar- Delhi G.T. Road,
- Phagwara, Punjab-144411
- Note: Applicants are hence advised to ensure that the application is duly filled and dispatched along with complete enclosures in all respects
- Fill the application form at www.lpu.in
- Process for downloading the Hall Ticket:
- For Applicants who booked their test slot themselves: The Hall Ticket will be generated immediately after the applicant books the slot through the online slot booking system.
- For Applicants whose test slot is booked by the University: The Hall Ticket will be generated after 48 hrs. of receiving of application form and will be made available on the website. However all application received before the start date of the slot booking will be processed only when Online Slot Management will be activated (For details refer Important Dates).
- Applicant should provide the application username and password to download the Hall Ticket. Applicants must provide valid email ID in the application form.
- The Hall Ticket will indicate the address of the test centre, test date, time allotted to the applicant and regulations. Discrepancies, if any, must be brought to our notice of university immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lovely Professional University (LPU), Jalandhar
Division of Admissions, Lovely Professional University (LPU), Jalandhar-Delhi G.T. Road (NH-1), Phagwara-144411 (Punjab), Tel.: +91-1824-404422, Toll Free: 1800-102-4431, Website www.lpu.in