LJ University Ahmedabad announces Admission to PhD Program 2023-24 (July Session), Apply now
LJ University PhD Admission 2023 – Applications are invited from the interested and eligible candidates for Admission to the PhD Programme for various disciplines (Management, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Applied Sciences, Engineering, Computer Sciences, Pharmacy, Urban Regional Planning and Philosophy and Theology Jivannvidhya) at LJ University for the academic year 2023-24 (July 2023 Intake)
LJ University PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program offered in Following Disciplines
- Applied Sciences
- Computer Science
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Philosophy and Theology
- Urban Regional Planning
- Last Date for Form Submission: 05th July 2023
Date of Entrance Test:
- 2nd Round – July 2023
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the University Grant Commission, henceforth called UGC, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19 thSeptember, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- The programme is also open to the internal faculty members of the L J University, and other Institutions set up by Lok Jagruti Kendra Trust, who are desirous of obtaining a doctoral degree. However, they also will have to fulfill all the conditions stipulated under these rules and regulations. Nevertheless, they will be required to pay the fees at a subsidized rate. The balance will be subsidized by the LJK Trust/their respective Departments
- Although online application submission for the Doctoral Programs is open round the year, entrance tests for the admission are conducted in July and January every year.
- Please visit our websites: www.ljku.edu.in for further details and application form.
- The eligible candidates are advised to submit duly filled application form, along with the relevant document online on or before the 05th July 2023
- Application Fees: Rs.1,500/- payable online in favor of “LOK JAGRUTI KENDRA UNIVERSITY
On-Line Payment Bank Details:
Bank Name: INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK
Account Name: LOK JAGRUTI KENDRA UNIVERSITY
Account Number: 104201000009569
IFSC Code: IOBA0001042
- All the applicants shall have to qualify an Entrance Test conducted by the University, for admission to the Ph.D. Those students who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including SLET/GATE/GPAT), teacher fellowship holders, shall be exempted from the Entrance Test for admission to the Ph.D. Programme.
- Every year, the University shall decide, latest by in the month of December, on the number of seats available for admission in Ph.D. programmes in various Schools and Departments, depending on the availability of Research Supervisors and other academic infrastructure, including laboratory, library, and such other facilities;
- The admissions to the Doctoral Programmes in the University will be open year-round. Students will be able to apply for the programme during any term of the year.
- The entrance test for every term will be held on first Sunday of the months of January, and July. The last date of submitting the application forms will be 15 days prior to the date of entrance test.
- The candidates who have cleared M.Phil. Degree, shall be exempted from appearing in the entrance test, and deemed to be qualified for entrance test.
Entrance Test Pattern
- The Entrance Test will be a Single Paper Test.
- It will contain 3 sections as follows.
- Domain Knowledge/Core Subject. (45%)
- Research Methodology (30%)
- English (25%)
- The question paper will be a combination of objective and explanatory questions
- While the entrance test will be conducted at LJ University, LJ Campus, if circumstances like COVID persists it may be conducted online as well.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website