Kolhan University announces Entrance Exam (KUPET) for Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
Kolhan University PhD Admission 2023 – Kolhan University Chaibasa, Jharkhand invites application for PhD Entrance Test (KUPET 2023) for Admission in PhD Program for the academic year 2023. The Kolhan University was established on 2009 with 20 Constituent Colleges and 34 Affiliated Colleges in geographical jurisdiction of East Singhbhum, West Singhbhum and Seraikela Kharswan District with more than 80,000 students strength. The University is in the tribal region.. Read the post below for more details on Kolhan University PhD Admission 2023
- PhD Courses is offered in in Arts, Science and Commerce stream
Subject wise Vacancy
- Anthropology – 12
- Bangla – 10
- Botany – 08 -04
- Commerce – 39
- Chemistry – 41
- English – 37
- Economics – 12
- Geography – 17
- History – 20
- Hindi – 18
- Home-Science – 08
- Mathematics – 12
- 0dia – 04
- Philosophy – 10
- Physics – 46
- Sanskrit – 12
- Pol. Sc. – 46
- Psychology – 18
- Urdu – 02
- Zoology – 25
- Application Form Starts: 17th October 2023
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form: 03rd November 2023
- Entrance Test Date: 03rd December
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional degree with at least 55 % marks in aggregate or its grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale or an equivalent grade.
- Candidates who have cleared the M. Phil / M. Tech./M. E./M. S./M. D. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate; or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale in a grading system) and have successfully completed the M. Phil./ M. Tech./M. S. Degree shall be eligible to work towards the PhD
- A relaxation of 5%, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as decided by the Commission from time to time.
Exemption from Entrance Test
- Candidates fulfilling one of the following criteria shall be exempted from PhD entrance test (KUPET)
- Completed an M. Phil./ M. Tech /M. D/M. E/M. Pharm /M. Arch. or equivalent Degree from any other recognized Universities in India as per the UGC guidelines from time to time.
- Qualified in GATE / SET / NET /JEST Examination / teacher fellowship holder
- Scholarship holder of National apex bodies as DST/ UGC/ CSIR / ICAR / ICMR /DBT/NBHM/MOTA/AYUSH.
- Holds the post of scientist in any National level Research Laboratory and has published at least one research paper in the refereed journals.
- Foreign nationals holding research visas issued as per the guidelines of HRD, Ministry of the Government of India, provided other eligibility conditions are met.
- Teachers, who are in service in the Kolhan University, may directly appear for an interview.
- Scientists/professionals working at R&D institutes of the Government of India/State Government may directly appear for interview /e-interview, subject to fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria.
Exemption from PhD Course Work
- All the candidates who are having M. Phil. / M. Tech/ M. D/ M. S/ M. Des. or equivalent degree are exempted from Course work. However, they have to appear in an interview & prepare the synopsis & make the presentation.
- If a candidate has already completed the Pre-Ph. D. Course work or post PG Scientist training program or equivalent post PG training program of duration one year (two semester) at any Govt. University & Centrally Funded Institutions / Research Institution, may also be exempted from course work, with the approval of DRC.
- Submit their application online on the University Website https://www.kuuniv.in/kuadmission/login
- Read instructions carefully before filling the application form.
Patterns of Question Papers & Exam
- The Examination will be of 3.00 marks (Paper-I- 50 questions 100 marks; Paper-2- 100 questions 200, marks)
- The questions papers will be M.C.Q (Multiple-Choice-Question type) Each Question Carries marks
- No negative marking.
- Result – will be published on the University
- It also shall consist of – two papers, Paper I- Compulsory and Paper-II as per Core paper CSIR-UGC Syllabus
Issue of Admit Card
- Admit cards will be issued online.-Candidates ‘are required to download from the-website. They are advised to regularly visit the website to keep themselves-acquainted.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website