Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) announces Mid Year Research Program Admission 2023-24, Apply now
JNCASR Research Program Admission 2023 – Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore invites application for admission to Mid Year Research Programs [(Ph.D./ M.S(Engg.) /M.S(Research)] offered by Chemistry and Physics of Materials Unit (CPMU), Engineering Mechanics Unit (EMU), Molecular Biology and Genetics Unit (MBGU), New Chemistry Unit (NCU), Neuroscience Unit (NSU) and Theoretical Sciences Unit (TSU) of the institute for the academic session 2023-24 Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) is a multidisciplinary research institute situated in Jakkur, a locality north of Bangalore, India. It is relatively young yet well-known around the Globe. JNCASR mandate is to pursue and promote world-class research and training at the frontiers of Science and Engineering covering broad areas ranging from Materials to Genetics. The Centre is an autonomous institution under Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and deemed to be university.
- Research Programs [(Ph.D. / MS(Engg.) / MS(Research)]
- Website opens for on-line submission of applications : 18th October 2023
- Last date for submission of applications online : 14th November 2023
For Ph.D. / M.S(Engg.) / M.S(Research)
- Candidates with an M Sc. or equivalent, B.E/B.Tech or equivalent or M.E/M. Tech or equivalent or B.VSc/M.VSc or MBBS/MD as applicable to individual Units as given in the table below are eligible to apply. They should have at least 55% in their highest University examination and should also have qualified in any one of the national exams: GATE/JEST/GPAT/UGC-JRF/CSIR-NET/JRF/ICMR-JRF/DBT-JRF/INSPIRE-JRF. The award certificate of such a test should have the validity period for seeking admission to a research programme as on 2nd January 2023. Qualifying in the national exam is desirable for ME/M.Tech or equivalent degree holders.
Note: Visit the website http://www.jncasr.ac.in/admission/degreeprogrammes for details regarding degree programs and the areas of research carried out in the research units offering admissions. SC/ST/PwD/EWS/Minorities/Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Interested candidates can apply through https://www.jncasr.ac.in/admission/admissions
- SC/ST/PwD/EWS/Minorities/Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Application Fee : Rs.500/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through net-banking, debit card/credit card etc
- Candidates are short-listed for an interview based on their performance in the national exams and academic performance. The selection is based on the performance in the interview
- All the regular students [except Master of Science (M.Sc) in Chemistry] joining JNCASR are eligible for a scholarship from JNCASR/ CSIR / UGC/ ICMR / DBT /INSPIRE depending upon their mode of entry.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website