Indian Maritime University (IMU) announces Admission to PhD, Integrated PhD and M.S. by Research Program for 2023 Batch
IMU PhD and MS Admission 2023– Indian Maritime University (IMU) invites applications for admissions to PhD, Integrated PhD and M.S. by Research Programs for the academic session 2023. Interested candidates can check out details such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application process and more from the page below.
IMU PhD and MS Admission 2023
- Integrated Ph.D.
- M.S. (By Research)
Phd Program offered in the following Schools in Part Time/Full Time mode:
- School of Nautical Studies
- School of Marine Engineering and Technology
- School of Maritime Management
- School of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Last date for Online Registration : 30.09.2023
- Hall Ticket download (tentative) : To be Announced
- Date of Entrance Test (center based) : To be Announced
- Date of Interview (tentative) : To be Announced
- Commencement of Program (tentative) : To be Announced
- The eligibility criteria for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall be one among the following:
- A1-year / 2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year / 8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year / 4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications
- declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body.
- Equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency that is approved, recognized, or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit, or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme with a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed.
- M.S (By Research) awarded by IMU.
- Mariners with Master/ MEO Class I Certificates of Competencies or PGDMOM qualifications with 2 years of teaching experience, preferably continuous, at degree level as faculty in IMU/ IMU Affiliated Institutes/Directorate General of Shipping approved institutes are also eligible for Ph.D programme. This criterion shall be applicable up to the academic year 2023-24 or as decided by the Vice Chancellor.
For Integrated PhD & MS (By Research)
- Graduate (U.G) degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA), except in the case of Mariners for whom a Master/MEO Class I Certificate of Competency would suffice.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Government of India from time to time.
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.imu.edu.in/
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and admission to the courses are detailed before filling up the application form available on the official website.
- For all other category : Rs. 1000/-
- For ST/SC : Rs 700/-
- Mode of Payment : Through Online mode
- Admission shall be based on the criteria notified by the University and considering the reservation policy of the Government of India from time to time.
- Admission to the Ph.D. program shall be made using the following methods:
- IMU may admit students through a Written Test. The Written Test syllabus shall comprise of 50% research methodology and 50% subject specific (or)
- IMU may admit students who qualify for fellowship/scholarship in UGC-NET/UGC- CSIR NET/SLET/GATE/CEED/ and similar National level tests based on interview.
- Students who have secured at least 50 % marks in the Written Test are eligible to be called for the Interview.
- A relaxation of 5 % marks will be allowed in the Written Test for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled category, Economically Weaker Section (EWS), and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Government of India from time to time.
- IMU may decide the number of eligible students to be called for an Interview based on the number of Ph.D. seats available.
- Provided that for the selection of candidates based on the Written Test conducted by the IMU, a weightage of 70 % for the Written Test marks and 30 % for the performance in the Interview shall be given.
- For common rank list, national level test (where marks are not awarded and only “qualified or not” status is indicated) candidates shall be given full weightage i.e. 70% for written test.
- The Interview shall be conducted by the Departmental Committee.
- The Departmental Committee shall finalize the rank list.
- Written Test will be conducted in the following IMU Campuses.
- IMU Navi Mumbai Campus
- IMU Chennai Campus
- IMU Kochi Campus
- IMU Kolkata Campus
- IMU Visakhapatnam Campus
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website