Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee announces Admission to PhD Program 2023 (Spring Semester), Apply now
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR) invites application for admission to full-time & part-time PhD Program offered in various disciplines for the academic session 2023-24 (Spring Semester). Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee is one of the foremost institutes of national importance in higher technological and engineering education and basic and applied research. The Institute offers Bachelor’s Degree courses in 12 disciplines of Engineering and Architecture and 6 integrated Masters programmes in different disciplines of engineering and science apart from 59 Postgraduate courses in various disciplines of Engineering, Applied Science, Architecture and Planning, Management, Humanities & Social Sciences, Design and Innovation. The Institute offers doctoral degrees in all Departments/ Centres/School and Research Centres. Read on for more details on IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2023.
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2023
- Start of online Application Process Oct. 16, 2023
- Last date for filling up of application form by the students: Nov. 04, 2023
- Date of Academic Registration by the Candidates in person: Dec. 26, 2023
- Commencement of classes for Spring Semester: Jan. 04, 2024
- An applicant belonging to the above category should possess the following minimum qualifications in appropriate areas to be eligible to apply for admission for the Ph.D. programme of the Institute.
- Master’s degree with minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 on a 10 point scale, or 60% marks for the General, GEN-EWS and OBC category.
- For SC / ST or PWD candidates, the minimum CGPA requirements may be relaxed to 5.50 on a 10 point scale or to 55% marks.
- Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science Or Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
- a. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
- b. The selection process through National Level Examinations conducted by MHRD and its Agencies and Institutes such as UGC/IIT/IISc/IISER etc.
- For candidates other than Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs), B. Tech / B. Arch / B. Pharm degree or equivalent with a GATE / GPAT/NET score (marks) and a minimum CGPA of 7.50 on a 10 point scale or 75% marks, irrespective of the category.
- For graduates from CFTIs, the minimum CGPA requirement is relaxed to 7.0 on a 10 point scale or 70% marks.
- CGPA or percentage of marks in aggregate, in case marks are awarded, of all years / semesters will be considered. If the CGPA is awarded on a scale other than a 10 point scale, proportionate concession to a 10 point scale will be considered.
- The requirement of GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET score (marks) is not applicable to candidates in ISERS or P-ISIRS or P-ISERS category.
- Bachelors or Masters from IITs with a CGPA 8.0 and above on 10 scale point scale are exempted from the requirement of GATE / GPAT / JRF /NET.
- Candidates pursuing Master’s programs in Engineering or Architecture / Planning in IIT Roorkee with CGPA 8.50 or above, shall have a choice of lateral entry to the Ph.D. program after completing the first two semesters of the Master’s program.
- Candidates with MBBS / BDS degree from an Indian Universities / Institution shall have minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale, or 60% in the qualifying degree, irrespective of the category. They are exempt from the GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET requirement.
- Candidates with Master of Surgery (MS)/ Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from an Indian University / Institute are exempt from the minimum CGPA as well as the GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET requirement.
- For admission to PhD Programs for the Spring Semester of the session 2023-24, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing the website link: https://iitr.ac.in/Academics/static/Admission/PhD/Spring%202023/Ph.D._IB_Aut_2023.pdf
- Before applying online, candidates are required to keep ready the required documents for uploading.
- Candidates appearing or appearing in the qualifying degree can upload all the available marksheets up to pre-final year/semester (in single pdf in A4 size without password protected) up to 5 MB.
Steps to be followed
- Candidates must follow the followings steps while filling online Application Form:
- a) Register
- b) Login
- c) Complete the application
- d) Submit
- Candidates may download their online submitted application form, completed in all
- respect, for their own record, if required.
- For General/Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)/OBC category : Rs. 200/-
- For SC/ST/PD category candidate : Rs. 100/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through net banking or debit/credit card
- Selection process is purely based on merit.
- Selection process shall be conducted online.
- Stipulated dates for a written test and /or interview shall be communicated by the concerned Departments/Centers/School to the shortlisted candidates. Simultaneously, the dates shall be uploaded in the portal of each Departments/Centers/School.
- The prescribed qualifications and experience are the minimum required and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for an interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website