Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee announces Admission to M.Des and MIM Program 2021
IIT Roorkee M.Des and MIM Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites application for admission to M. Des. (Industrial Design) and MIM (Master In Innovation Management) Program for the academic year 2021-22
- M.Des. (Industrial Design)
- MIM (Masters in Innovation Management)
Number of Seats
- The number of seats available in the M. Des. (Industrial Design) Program is presently 20.
- The number of seats available in the MIM Program is presently 20.
IIT Roorkee M.Des and MIM Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Application portal opens :- 15th May 2021
- Last date for submission of application :- 07th June 2021
- Intimation to the shortlisted candidates :- 14th June 2021
- Aptitude Test and Personal Interview for M.Des. (Industrial Design) :- 28th June 2021
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview for MIM (Masters in Innovation Management) :- 28th June 2021
- Declaration of Results and Release of Offer Letters :- 01st July 2021
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Roorkee M.Des and MIM Admission 2021
- Candidates who possess the minimum educational qualifications as given in Table-1 are eligible to seek admission to these Postgraduate programmes. In addition, candidates of General, Gen-EWS and OBC category must have secured at least 60% marks or CGPA of 6.00 on a 10 point scale at the qualifying degree level; but for SC/ST/PD category candidates, this percentage is 55% or 5.50 CGPA on a 10 point scale. The marks awarded for the qualifying degree will be considered for eligibility.
- In case of CGPA awarded on a different point scale, Table-2 as approved by the Senate of the Institute will be considered for deciding eligibility.
- Final year students who will be completing all the requirements of their qualifying examination including back paper(s) / supplementary(ies) before the date of registration may apply for M.Des.
- (Industrial Design). Such candidates will be required to submit a certificate as per the proforma given in Annexure-1 along with the application form. Such candidates may be admitted provisionally but they will be required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying degree with the required percentage of marks or CGPA within the stipulated period to be decided by the institute, failing which their admission shall be cancelled.
- A candidate appearing in any part of the qualifying examination including supplementary examination etc.
- after the date of registration shall not be considered to have qualified for admission in the year 2021-22 and if such a candidate is registered provisionally his/her admission shall be terminated.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- M.Des. (Industrial Design) : Any candidate who has completed a Four-year graduate degree in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2 and with a valid CEED/GATE score.
- MIM (Masters in Innovation Management) : Any candidate who has completed a graduate degree in any discipline with post-degree experience of 5 years with a valid CAT/GMAT/GATE score.
IIT Roorkee M.Des and MIM Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible and interested candidates can apply online through https://iitr.ac.in/
- For admission to PG programs 2021, candidates need to register and fill the application Online only by accessing https://www.iitr.ac.in/admissions/pages/Postgraduate.html till June 07, 2021.
- Before applying, candidates are advised to read the “Information Brochure for M.Des. (Industrial Design) & MIM (Masters in Innovation Management) Admission 2021” carefully.
- For GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC Category :- Rs.500/- (Non-Refundable)
- For SC/ST/PD Category :- Rs.250/- (Non-Refundable)
- Mode of payment :- Online only by using net banking or debit/credit card
- M.Des. (Industrial Design): Aptitude Test and Personal Interview.
- MIM (Masters in Innovation Management): Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website