Indian Institute of Technology Indore announces Admission to PhD Program for Session 2022
IIT Indore PhD Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore invites applications from highly motivated and research-oriented applicants for admission to the PhD Program in the following specializations of different disciplines of Engineering
Read n for more details on IIT Indore PhD Admission 2022
Disciplines of Engineering
- Computer Science and Eng.; (CSE); Electrical Eng.; (EE); Mechanical Eng.; (ME); Civil Eng.; (CE); Metallurgy Eng. & Materials Science (MEMS); Biosciences & Biomedical Eng.; (BSBE); Astronomy; Astrophysics and Space Eng.; (AASE)
IIT Indore PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
- List of Departments with Closing Dates:
- Electrical Engineering: 12th September 2021
- Mechanical Engineering: 31st August 2021
- Astronomy, Astrophysics and Space Engineering (AASE): 08th September 2021
- Chemistry: 05th September 2021
- Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS): 05th September 2021
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Indore PhD Admission 2022
- Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Qualifying Exam (QE) for Indian applicants:
- Masters’ degree in the relevant discipline of Engineering/ Technology (with first division as defined by the awarding Institute/ University) AND GATE qualification, OR
- Masters’ degree in the relevant discipline of Science (with first division as defined by the awarding Institute/ University) and valid GATE qualification OR UGC/CSIR-JRF qualification OR Equivalent Fellowship. OR
- Masters’ degree in the relevant discipline of Science (with first division as defined by the awarding Institute/ University) with UGC-NET (Lecturership) And valid GATE qualification.
Categories of Admission
- Fellowship Awardee: Fellowship Awardees from the funding agencies such as CSIR, UGC, NBHM, DST etc., OR JRF/ SRF project staff working in a sponsored research project under a faculty member, PI of the project, of IIT Indore
- Teaching Assistantship: Institute Teaching Assistantship with scholarship as per MHRD guidelines
- Sponsored WITHOUT IS: For applicants sponsored from a highly reputed R & D organization or Industry. [After completion of required coursework, either on a Full Time (SWF) or Part Time (SWP) basis, with the approval of the competent authority]
- Institute Staff: Only for regular staff members of IIT Indore (on a Part Time basis).
- Defense Forces: Serving personnel of defense forces WITHOUT any scholarship from the Institute
IIT Indore PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
For Indian Applicants
- Applicants must apply ONLINE through the website http://academic.iiti.ac.in/. A unique application number will be assigned for each applicant.
- In case an applicant wishes to apply in more than one discipline then separate applications must be filled for each discipline.
For International Applicants
- International applicants may refer to the web link of Study in India www.studyinindia.gov.in and Academic web page of IIT Indore
- For Indian Applicants: 100/- Indian Rupees (non-refundable) to be paid through State Bank Collect
- For International: Payment of application fee of US $ 30 (non-refundable) through RTGS
- The selection procedure would be an interview (in-person or over video conference) for the shortlisted applicants
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letter of Recommendation (LOR) must be submitted by the applicant before the interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website