IIM Shillong announce Admission to Doctoral Program in Management (PhD) for 2020 session
IIM Shillong PhD in Management Admission 2020 – Indian Institute of Management Shillong invites application for admission to Full Time Doctoral Program in Management (PhD) for the academic year 2020.
Vision of PhD Program
- Doctoral program of IIM Shillong aims at creating dedicated researchers and scholars who would explore the critical issues in management, identify opportunities for new frameworks and form new insights. The programme offers opportunities for carrying out advanced interdisciplinary research in all fields of management education and practice.
PhD (full time) Program Outline
- The participant is expected to spend four years for PhD (full time) program that includes two years of rigorous coursework. The coursework aims at providing an understanding of management disciplines, building theoretical foundations in the core area, develop basic skills for analyzing managerial problems and instill research interest.
Areas of Specialization:
- Economics and Public Policy
- Finance and Accounting
- Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques
- Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource and Communication
- Strategic Management
- Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility & Ethics
Duration of the Programme and Accommodation:
- Scholars are expected to complete the programme in four years. However, under special circumstances, extension of one more year may be granted if approved by the competent authority. No financial support will however be provided beyond fourth year. PhD scholars will spend their first two years of course work and the last two years for research and thesis preparation. PhD (full time) is a residential programme.
Eligibility Criteria for IIM Shillong PhD in Management Admission 2020
- Candidates should have:
- A Masters’ degree or its equivalent in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate Marks/equivalent CGPA for General Candidates (including EWS), 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST Candidates. Or
- CA, ICWA/CMA or CS with B. Com /similar degree.
- Additionally, each applicant needs to qualify Secondary, Higher Secondary and Graduation Examination with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA for General Candidates, 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST Candidates.
- The above qualification should be from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956; or, recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying programmes are eligible to apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit a certificate, latest by June 30, 2020, from the Principal/ Head of the Department / Registrar or Director of the University / Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2020)
- Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria stated above and who cleared either of the CAT (2018/2019), GATE, GRE, GMAT and JRF (UGC/CSIR) examinations till 27th January 2020 can apply for full-time doctoral program. All scores must be valid as on 27th January 2020.
- Short-listed candidates (on the basis of their academic record and performance in the competitive examinations mentioned above) will be called for an evaluation/personal interview for final selection. The successful candidates will receive offers to join the course by May 2020.
- Admission to the programme is open to overseas candidates including NRIs and foreign nationals. Their admission will be based on GMAT/GRE scores which are valid till 27th January 2020.
- Reservation for eligible categories will be as per Government of India rules (as applicable to IIM Shillong) for the full time doctoral programme at the time of admission.
- Candidates selected for the full time Doctoral Programme are given financial support which covers their research requirements and modest living.
- Students have to pay the following expenses:
- Caution Deposit (refundable): Rs.10,000/-*
- Mess Charges: As per actuals.
- * This is a one time fee payable during the time of Registration.
IIM Shillong PhD in Management Admission 2020 Application Process
- The application form may be downloaded from the Institute website www.iimshillong.ac.in and must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed application forms along with supporting documents and application fee in the form of a DD of Rs.1000/- must be sent to the Doctoral Programme Office, Indian Institute of Management Shillong Mayurbhanj Complex, Nongthymmai, Shillong-793014 on or before 30th January 2020
IIM Shillong PhD in Management Admission 2020 Important Dates
- PhD (fulltime) Application Form submission opens: 25th November 2019.
- Last date for downloading and online form submission: 27th January 2020
- Last Date for receiving PhD applications forms (physical copy): 30th January 2020
Indian Institute of Management Shillong, Mayurbhanj Complex, Nongthymmai, Shillong-793014, Phone: 0364-230 8039, E-mail: email@example.com, website www.iimshillong.ac.in