Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta announces Admission to PhD Program 2024, Apply now
IIM Calcutta PhD Admission 2024 – Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta invites applications in the prescribed format for admission to full time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the Academic Session 2024.The Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) was established as the first national institute for Post-Graduate studies and Research in Management by the Government of India in November 1961 in collaboration with Alfred P. Sloan School of Management (MIT), the Government of West Bengal, The Ford Foundation and Indian industry. The Doctoral Program of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta is a full-time programme offered in various specializations in management and related disciplines. The programme seeks exceptionally motivated and committed students who will engage in rigorous interdisciplinary research. Interested candidates can check more details on IIM Calcutta PhD Admission 2024 from the page below.
- Start Application Process : 01st November 2023
- Last date to apply : 30th January 2024
- First Class Master’s or Post graduate diploma (2 years) in any discipline and a three-year Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in the aggregate; OR
- CA with minimum 50% marks or CS/CMA with minimum 55% marks, with B.com degree; OR
- B.Tech/4 year’s degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent.
- Non-engineering candidates who have undergone 10+2+5 years will be considered eligible to apply for the Doctoral Programme. CMA (USA) candidates are also eligible to apply for the Doctoral Programme.
- In addition, applicants must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate in either the Secondary or the Higher Secondary Examination of a Board (or equivalent).
- A final-year student appearing for the Bachelor’s degree examination in Engineering or Master’s degree examination in any discipline can also apply.
- Applicants for the Doctoral Programme are required to submit CAT or other scores in lieu of CAT as specified below:
- Economics : GMAT / GRE / UGC-NET in Economics
- Finance & Control : GMAT / GRE / UGC-JRF in Commerce / Economics / Management
- Human Resource Management : GMAT / GRE / GATE / UGC-JRF in Economics / Management / Law /Labour and Social Welfare / Human Resource Management / Labour Welfare / Personnel Management / Industrial Relations / Psychology / Sociology
- Management Information Systems : GMAT / GRE / GATE / UGC-JRF in any discipline
- Marketing : GMAT / GRE / GATE / UGC-JRF in Economics / Psychology / Sociology / Anthropology / Management
- Operations Management : GMAT / GRE / UGC-JRF in Management / Mathematical Sciences
- Organizational Behaviour : GMAT / GRE / GATE / UGC-JRF in Psychology / Sociology / Anthropology / Public Administration / Social Work / Management / Labour Welfare / Personnel Management / Industrial Relations / Labour and Social Welfare / Human Resource Management
- Public Policy and Management : GRE / GATE in Architecture and Planning / UGC-NET in Anthropology / Economics / Education / Environmental Science / Geography / History / International and Area Studies / Law / Management / Political Science / Psychology / Public Administration / Social Work / Sociology
- Strategic Management : GMAT / GRE / GATE / UGC-JRF in Anthropology / Commerce / Defence and Strategic Studies / Economics / Environmental Science / Geography / History / Law / Management / Political Science / Psychology / Public Administration / Sociology
- Validity of score (other than CAT) – Two years from the date of test and should be valid on the deadline of submission of the application form.
- A candidate can apply to a maximum of two Areas of Specialization.
- The SC/ST/PWD applicants (submitting a copy of SC/ST/PWD certificate) are required to pay an application fee of Rs.1000/- and all the other applicants are required to pay an application fee of Rs.2000/-.
- Applications will be received from 01st November 2023 to 30th February 2024.
- For further details please visit IIMC website https://www.iimcal.ac.in/programs/doctoral/admissions
- 60% of the seats in the programme are reserved for applicants belonging to the reserved categories (including EWS).
- The evaluation process of applicants for the Fellow Program consist of consideration of test scores in qualifying exams, overall academic record, alignment of research interests with the faculty members in concerned departments, statement of interest, and strength of recommendations and interview.
- The institute shortlists students from the pool of applicants in any year for an interview process at IIM Calcutta campus.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website