Indian Institute of Management Bangalore announces Admission to Doctoral Program (PhD) for Session 2024, Fill Application Form Now
IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2024 – Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) offered in various specializations for the academic session 2024.
Interested candidates can check the post below for details on IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2024 such as specialization offered, eligibility criteria, application process and more.
IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2024
Areas of Specializations
- PhD Students specialize in one of the following areas:
- Decision Sciences
- Information Systems
- Finance & Accounting
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Public Policy
- Complete the doctoral program within 5 years of registering for the program
- Application Window : 26 July 2023 to January 25, 2024 (5:00 p.m. IST)
- IIMB Test:
- Slot -1: November 19, 2023
- Slot -2: January 28, 2024
- Short List Notification : 15th February, 2024
- Area Tests [Online] (as decided by Areas) : 1st and 2nd of March, 2024
- Interview Date (IIMB Campus) : 7th to 9th March 2024
- Interview# : IIMB Campus
- Offer Notification : 18th March, 2024
- Offer Acceptance – Last date : 25th March, 2024
- PhD Prep Programme and Registration : Last week of May 2024 onwards
- Candidates that apply for admission should have either:
- A Master’s degree (obtained after completing bachelor’s degree)  or,
- A five-year Integrated Master’s degree (obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern) in any discipline  or,
- A Post Graduate Diploma (2 years) 
- A Professional qualification such as CA, ICWA, CS  or,
- A four-year or eight-semesters Bachelor’s degree 
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice followed by the respective university or institution. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the respective university or institute. If a university or institute confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
- 1. Candidates need to have at least 55 percent marks in the bachelor’s degree, master’s degree(s), and post graduate diploma. This cutoff is 50 percent marks for applicants from SC, ST and PwD categories.
- 2. Candidates with these professional qualifications should have obtained at least 50 percent marks in their B.com or bachelor’s degree. This cutoff is 45 percent for applicants from SC, ST and PwD categories.
- 3. Candidates in this category should have obtained at least 6.5 CGPA or equivalent marks. This cutoff is 6.0 CGPA for applicants from SC, ST and PwD categories.
- Candidates require a valid test score, from any one of the acceptable tests to the area(s) of specialization they are applying to, as shown in the below.
Acceptable Test Scores
- Decision Sciences – GMAT/GRE/CAT 2023/GATE /JRF (NET)/ IIMB Test
- Information Systems – GMAT / GRE / CAT 2023/ GATE / IIMB Test / JRF(NET)
- Economics – NOT APPLICABLE
- Entrepreneurship – GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2023/ GATE/ IIMB Test
- Finance & Accounting – GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2023/ GATE
- Marketing – GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2023/ GATE/ IIMB Test
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management – GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2023/ GATE/ JRF (NET)/ IIMB Test
- Production & Operations Management – GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2023/ GATE/ IIMB Test
- Public Policy – GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2023/ GATE/ JRF (NET)/ IIMB Test
- Strategy – GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2023/ IIMB Test
- The application form for admission to Doctoral Programme 2024, will be available at https://www.iimb.ac.in/doctoral-programme-admission
- The deadline for submission of fully completed applications is January 25, 2024 (5:00 p.m. IST).
- Please note that candidates can apply to a maximum of two areas of specialization.
- The application fee (Non-Refundable) is:
- Application fee – GMAT / GRE / CAT / GATE / JRF (NET) :
- 1-Area – Rs.1000
- 2-Areas – Rs.1500
- Application fee plus IIMB Test Fee
- 1-Area – Rs.2000
- 2-Areas – Rs.2500
- Based on the information provided by the applicants, candidates will be shortlisted (on the recommendation of the respective areas) and called to Bangalore for an area specific written test and / or interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website