Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad announces PhD Admission for Session 2024, Apply Now
IIM Ahmedabad PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad invited applications for admission to PhD Program offered in various specilization for the academic year 2024. The IIMA Doctoral Program welcomes individuals with a solid academic foundation, a high level of motivation, and the intellectual curiosity to do innovative research. The curriculum prepares students for careers in academia and industrial research. The Doctoral Program places its graduates in teaching, research, and consulting roles with world class organizations. Interested Candidates can check details of IIM Ahmedabad PhD Admission 2023 from the post below.
IIM Ahmedabad PhD Admission 2024
- Areas of high levels of specialization (1) Agriculture (2) Economics (3) Finance & Accounting (4) Human Resource Management (5) Information Systems (6) Innovation and Management in Education (7) Marketing (8) Organizational Behavior (9) Production and Quantitative Methods (10) Public Systems and (11) Strategy.
- Link open for Online Application: September 27, 2023
- Last date for submitting Online Application: January 17, 2024
- Interviews (Tentative): March / April, 2024
- Candidates must possess
- A Master’s Degree or Two-year Post Graduate Diploma (obtained after completing a bachelor’s degree with 55% marks or equivalent) or a 5-year Integrated Master’s Degree (obtained after completing higher secondary school in the 10+2 pattern) in any field with 55% marks or equivalent. (OR)
- Professional qualification – CA, CS, CMA (with a minimum of 50% marks) in addition to a bachelor’s degree (with at least 55% marks). (OR)
- A four-year / eight-semester Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 6.5/10 or comparable grades.
- Note that the Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree or equivalent qualification should be from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956; or be recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India; or possess an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE.
- Candidates in their last year of a Master’s/ Bachelor’s programme that would qualify them to apply may also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will only be allowed to join the programme provisionally if they submit a certificate latest by May 31, 2023 from the Principal/Head of the Department/Registrar or Director of the university/institute (issued on or before May 31, 2023) stating that they have appeared for the examinations (including practical examinations) in all the subjects required for obtaining the Master’s/Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification.
- Their admission will be confirmed when they submit mark sheets and a certificate of having completed the Master’s/Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification referred to in the certificate issued by the Principal/Registrar of their college/institution. The deadline for the submission of Marksheet and the Certificate is December 31, 2024.
- Application Form and Brochure will be available online www.iima.ac.in
- Candidates can fill-up the application form online and are eligible to apply for a maximum of two Areas of high levels of specialization. An application fee of Rs.500/- can be paid through IIMA gateway.
- Candidates applying to the PhD Program are required to take the CAT or a standard test in lieu of CAT. For NRIs and Foreign students this standard test is the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
- Different Areas of high levels of specialization of IIMA have specified different standard tests that candidates applying to the PhD Program in their Areas can take in lieu of CAT
Standard Test in lieu of CAT
- Agriculture: GRE/GMAT/UGC-JRF (Economics/ Development Studies/Development Economics/ Business Economics/ Management)/ICAR-SRF (PGS – merit list for award of SRF)
- Economics: GRE/GMAT/GATE/UGC-JRF in relevant discipline
- Finance & Accounting: GRE/GMAT
- Human Resource Mgt.: GRE/GMAT/GATE
- Information Systems: GRE/GMAT/GATE
- Innovation & Mgt. in Education: GRE/GMAT/GATE/UGC-JRF in relevant discipline
- Marketing: GRE/GMAT
- Organizational Behaviour- GRE/GMAT/UGC-JRF in relevant discipline
- Operations & Decision Sciences- Methods GRE/GMAT/GATE/UGC- NET JRF in Mathematical Sciences
- Public Systems Group: GRE/GMAT/GATE/UGC-JRF (in relevant discipline)
- Strategy: GRE/GMAT
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website